CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Thread: sloppy shifter

Default sloppy shifter

my 95 evo still has the original heel / toe shifter set up and recently ive noticed a lot more play in the shifter assembley.
    The shifter arms on this model snug down onto a splined arm which sits in a housing in front of the primary as opposed to later models where the arm comes through the primary.

the shift levers have a lot of side to side wiggle on them so last night i took everything apart, took out the old bushings in the housing for the splined arm, greased it up good and put two new bushings in along with new rubber O-rings. put it all back together and whilst its a lot tighter than it was previously there is still a little bit of play.

I am assuming this is probably normal but just wondered if this is the case.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

You didn't say which '95 model ya got, so I guessed; Is your shifter setup like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HD95FLHT018.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	95570
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....TER%20ASSEMBLY

Did you check all of the rod ends for wear? Could attribute to some of the play you are feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by TriNortchopz View Post
    You didn't say which '95 model ya got, so I guessed; Is your shifter setup like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HD95FLHT018.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	95570
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....TER%20ASSEMBLY

Did you check all of the rod ends for wear? Could attribute to some of the play you are feeling.
    My bad, its a 95 heritage but you got it. Thanks for the schematic that definitely helps. I checked the rod ends last night its the crappy original joints. Gonna upgrade to some heim joints this weekend and hopefully sort it out.

Share This