Mousetrap to throwout arm: Chain instead of rod?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jbswear
    • Jul 2013

Mousetrap to throwout arm: Chain instead of rod?

On my shovel chopper I'm building, I'm running a mousetrap with the long throwout arm.

Thing is, the hole in the arm (aftermarket) points the rod several degrees to the outside of the frame so it won't line up with the mousetrap without a serious bend in it.

I figure I can heat the arm with a torch and bend it a few degrees to point the rod at the mousetrap, but I don't want to if I don't have to.

Currently I have a wire coat hanger attached to set up the clutch, cable, and all that.

I think I remember seeing a bike with a chain connecting the mousetrap and the throwout arm somewhere. Am I imagining this? If so, where would I find a chain that will work? And the attachment devices for the ends?
    Attached Files
  • BuddhahoodVato
    • Apr 2010

ezzey peeezy, just mimic the indent etc, further in.

Comment

• Vinson
      • Jun 2012

I ran into the same problem when I converted my bike to a foot clutch. Ended up bending a rod to work in my setup after running a chain for a little bit and not liking it, seemed inconsistent on the release.

Picked up the heim joints and rod off of eBay.

Comment

• jbswear
        • Jul 2013

I got it figured out--with my Dremel, wallowed out the front side of the hole in the release arm so the rod could point in the right direction. I left the back side untouched so that there would be no risk of it pulling out. It works great.

Comment

• BuddhahoodVato
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by jbswear
          I got it figured out--with my Dremel, wallowed out the front side of the hole in the release arm so the rod could point in the right direction. I left the back side untouched so that there would be no risk of it pulling out. It works great.
          Common sense, lacking attribute nowadays. Good job..

Comment

• DoomBuggy
            • Oct 2016

I ended up doing the same for mine. I think it is just a cheap repo arm that I got when I converted over from the eliminator. I do so love riding with the mousetrap, night and day in traffic.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;