Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • devthtrip
    • Jul 2017

cv carb issues

got a 98 1200 that is bogging down at higher rpm and i have to kick up gears faster. i’m guessing maybe main jet size. if the main jet is too small would that cause the engine to feel like it’s skipping and losing power at higher rpm?
  • JBinNC
    • Dec 2018

Is this a new issue? If so, what changed, or what was changed on the bike?

On the '90s five speed XLs, I see fuel delivery problems from either a bad vacuum line to the vacuum operated petcock, or the petcock itself is leaking vacuum. Same for the VOES (same vacuum line), a leaking switch means a vacuum leak plus it won't function properly. Any of this will keep the bike from running well.

Jim

Comment

• devthtrip
      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by JBinNC
      Is this a new issue? If so, what changed, or what was changed on the bike?

On the '90s five speed XLs, I see fuel delivery problems from either a bad vacuum line to the vacuum operated petcock, or the petcock itself is leaking vacuum. Same for the VOES (same vacuum line), a leaking switch means a vacuum leak plus it won't function properly. Any of this will keep the bike from running well.

Jim
      new issue it had andrews n4 cams dropped in. aftermarket ac. ultima ignition. everything runs perfect it starts up immediately on kick or key regardless if it’s cold or not.

it’s just when i get into a higher wide open throttle it almost feels like a chugging. it sounded like what i’ve read about for a lean main jet but i wasn’t sure (shops are all closed so i figured i’d ask around until somewhere is open to get my hands on a larger jet )

Comment

• WillSCB
        • Dec 2014

I would take it on an open stretch of road, run it wide open for about a quarter mile. Make sure you have a plug wrench with you, and pull in the clutch immediately, and shut it off. Pull the plugs out and read them.

Comment

• Dragstews
          • Sep 2010

Dyno tune ....

May save ya a ticket ... ??
          Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;