CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Thread: cv carb issues

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default cv carb issues

got a 98 1200 that is bogging down at higher rpm and i have to kick up gears faster. iím guessing maybe main jet size. if the main jet is too small would that cause the engine to feel like itís skipping and losing power at higher rpm?

Is this a new issue? If so, what changed, or what was changed on the bike?

On the '90s five speed XLs, I see fuel delivery problems from either a bad vacuum line to the vacuum operated petcock, or the petcock itself is leaking vacuum. Same for the VOES (same vacuum line), a leaking switch means a vacuum leak plus it won't function properly. Any of this will keep the bike from running well.

Jim

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by JBinNC View Post
    Is this a new issue? If so, what changed, or what was changed on the bike?

On the '90s five speed XLs, I see fuel delivery problems from either a bad vacuum line to the vacuum operated petcock, or the petcock itself is leaking vacuum. Same for the VOES (same vacuum line), a leaking switch means a vacuum leak plus it won't function properly. Any of this will keep the bike from running well.

Jim
    new issue it had andrews n4 cams dropped in. aftermarket ac. ultima ignition. everything runs perfect it starts up immediately on kick or key regardless if itís cold or not.

itís just when i get into a higher wide open throttle it almost feels like a chugging. it sounded like what iíve read about for a lean main jet but i wasnít sure (shops are all closed so i figured iíd ask around until somewhere is open to get my hands on a larger jet )

Get Adobe Flash player

I would take it on an open stretch of road, run it wide open for about a quarter mile. Make sure you have a plug wrench with you, and pull in the clutch immediately, and shut it off. Pull the plugs out and read them.

Get Adobe Flash player

Dyno tune ....

May save ya a ticket ... ??

Share This