83 XS650 Heritage Special Wheels worth the hassle?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TurkeySandwich
    • May 2012

83 XS650 Heritage Special Wheels worth the hassle?

Hey all. I am trying to get my bike back on the road, and it needs new rubber for sure. I am fairly certain it's riding on the same tires it came out of the factory with. It's an 83 Heritage Special and the rims don't look too bad but the spokes need some love.
    So I have a few questions, since I am taking the tires off anyway, how much of a hassel is it to lace a motorcycle wheele? I am a bicycle tech and have some experience laceing and trueing wheels but I assume based on the weight of the motorcycle and the speeds it's not exactly the same thing, so how much hassel is it really to change out the spokes? Is it worth getting them relaced professionally?
    My second thought is switching to some Mags from an 82 or earlier XS, would this be a good option or will something make it complicated?
  • Luky
    • May 2018

This is what we are talking about.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Yamaha-XS-650-wheel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	1311933

Comment

• 53panhead
      • Apr 2017

It's the same thing if you can lace a bicycle wheel you can lace a motorcycle wheel.

Comment

• TurkeySandwich
        • May 2012

Originally posted by Luky
        This is what we are talking about.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]95464[/ATTACH]
        Those are the mag wheels with a disc. I wouldn't mind switching to those but i need a drum brake for the back.

Comment

• TurkeySandwich
          • May 2012

Also does anyone know if the 83 yamaha maxim wheels will work on an 83 XS 650?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;