Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hellbilly07
    • Dec 2016

07 fxst chopper

2007 FXST EFI 103". I know everyone hates a Softail/TC. I've Always heard TC getting trashed bc aren't Pans, Shovels, Knuckles. I've had this bike about 6 years. In all its glory (Ugly AF) I saw something killer underneath the clutter. Over the years I have slowly stripped it down to almost nothing. Having kids and a family will trump parts/material costs lol. This bike has been under construction since I got it and will continue to be for a while longer but it'll get there. The Mods so far...

96" to 103 with all S&S internals (s&s 110" in the future)
    Andrew's 60G grind cams
    Exile Chain Conversion
    3" Primo Rivera Open Primary with modified exile pulley cover
    Red Tail Leather Seat
    Exile apes
    Internal throttle, brake line
    28 Model A LED brake light w/ fabbed bracket
    Led Sled rear fender chopped down
    Stainless Struts and seat support
    Square Tube in neck chopped and shaved
    OEM top motor mount shaved/Will fab new one
    Pile of other shit

Cut the square tube and motor mount out and shaved them last night. Welded on my Led Sled kickstand. I drug an aftermarket stand off 3 times and said piss on it and welded on a good one.
    Bike was EFI, cut out entire harness and ordered a Thunderheart Stand Alone ignition. It only needs the crank position sensor to run! My S&S Super E and intake are on the way. .
    I have cut absolutely everything I can do away with off this bike. Everything lol. I'll only have a Run/kill switch, headlight, brakelight. Bare necessities.
    Engine/tranny have been painted a few years ago and it will get redone before I get new Rocker, Cam tranny covers.
    Planning on black PC'd pushrod tubes with brass collars.
    Next decent check will grab a tank. I'm frisco mounting a Throttle addiction Sporty for now. My mounts will be set up for a couple different tanks to be swapped easily.

Will update as soon as new parts come in. Will try to post pics bc without pics it's all BS right? ✌

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190622_032927.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	308.9 KB
ID:	1345362Click image for larger version

Name:	20190528_225127.jpg
Size:	300.2 KB
ID:	1345364
    Last edited by Hellbilly07; 06-22-2019, 5:00 PM.
  • Hellbilly07
    • Dec 2016

Name:	20190915_013725.jpg
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	1313481Click image for larger version

Name:	20190910_220839.jpg
Size:	299.7 KB
ID:	1313479Click image for larger version

Name:	20190915_013439.jpg
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	1313480
    Little more progress. Repainted the engine and tranny satin black. Will be installing PC black pushrod tubes with brass collars. Super easy with the S&S quickie rods.
    Got the S&S intake and Super E hung. S&S intake for the up to 06 twin cams have port for a sensor on some shit on top. Dont need it. Gonna kill it off and tap/thread for an ARP. Internal throttle cable is good. Exile Cycles makes the best.
    The tank is there for looks just so I could make sure that's what I want. The hidden mounts will be made to where I can swap tanks easily when I want to change it up.
    Will be fabbing my own top motor mount. No way I was leaving that ugly ass stocker after all the surgery to the neck.
    Gonna start wiring the stand alone ignition this weekend I hope.
    I'm to the point to where there is literally nothing else I can strip off so its gonna be aggravating to hide a key out of sight.
    Plenty more on the way. Progress is slow bc I'm a plumber and I work ALOT.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hellbilly07; 10-07-2019, 9:49 PM. Reason: Added same poc twice

Comment

• misfitJason
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Hellbilly07
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]97491[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]97489[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]97490[/ATTACH]
      Little more progress. Repainted the engine and tranny satin black. Will be installing PC black pushrod tubes with brass collars. Super easy with the S&S quickie rods.
      Got the S&S intake and Super E hung. S&S intake for the up to 06 twin cams have port for a sensor on some shit on top. Dont need it. Gonna kill it off and tap/thread for an ARP. Internal throttle cable is good. Exile Cycles makes the best.
      The tank is there for looks just so I could make sure that's what I want. The hidden mounts will be made to where I can swap tanks easily when I want to change it up.
      Will be fabbing my own top motor mount. No way I was leaving that ugly ass stocker after all the surgery to the neck.
      Gonna start wiring the stand alone ignition this weekend I hope.
      I'm to the point to where there is literally nothing else I can strip off so its gonna be aggravating to hide a key out of sight.
      Plenty more on the way. Progress is slow bc I'm a plumber and I work ALOT.
      looks killer man!

Comment

• Hellbilly07
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by misfitJason
        looks killer man!
        Thanks man! I've always heard ppl hate on Softails but I'm only 29 and I've had a few back surgeries so its gotta have some give here in Louisiana! We are known for bad roads.
        I saw the bike at this point when I got it stock several years ago. I knew it could look old and be a legit chopper.
        I think it will he kool once it's done. Was foot clutched and jockey shift for the last few years but I'm about to do an S&S 110ci kit on it.
        Already a strong bike.
        Swapped to 585G cams
        Port and polished HD heads
        Running a V&H Indy outlaw pipe for a few years but will wind up building a set.

It's still a ways from finished but it'll get there.

Comment

• Hellbilly07
          • Dec 2016

Name:	FB_IMG_1570709127249.jpg
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	1313600

Name:	FB_IMG_1570709123974.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1313601

Name:	FB_IMG_1570709120204.jpg
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1313602

Here she was with a bunch of shit swapped out. Everyone said for a mild custom Softail...it wasnt a bad looking bike but, not my style. Sold all the unneccessary BS off it. Still have a lot of parts available. Just figured I'd give a before to show what all I've really done.

Comment

• Luky
            • May 2018

The bike looks great!
            Forget all the hater stuff.

Just keep moving forward.

Comment

• Hellbilly07
              • Dec 2016

Name:	20200301_015447.jpg
Size:	298.9 KB
ID:	1316349
              Tank finally properly mounted. Used the Lowbrow Customs dogbones with brass bushings.

Name:	20200301_014532.jpg
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	1316350
              The 3rd mount is on the square backbone up top but cant see it in these pics.

Still got a king ways to go.
              Got the key mounted by the ring gear on the primary lmao. Can't wait to see someone try and crank it without losing a finger!

Next up will be fabbing a stainless top motor mount. I shaved the old one off completely since it looked like dog shit and the frisco'd tank would have it exposed.
              After that...wiring. Will be using a Thunderheart SAI. I literally cut every wire off the bike and it was enough to fill a 5 gallon bucket. RIDICULOUS MAN.
              Will probably cut the bars down eventually but when I bought the bars, Exile only made 16" apes. All my stuff is 1 1/4" so I went back with Exile since I run their internal throttle cable.

Thanks for looking ��

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;