Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GhettoPistachio
    • Jun 2019

'83 Honda Shadow dash delete

Hey guys this is my first post here. I have an '83 VT750 bike that im trying to bob out. It's my first build so im learning along the way. Now i suck with wiring and the dash on this thing is a rat's nest with all the warning lights and gauges. I want to wire in a simple single gauge that has 4 lights for neutral, turn signals, high beam, and low fuel. The bike already has all these sensors I just need help from anyone who has experience cutting the mess of wires out and simplifying it all to make it clean. I looked at some of the simplified wiring diagrams but from what i saw they generally cut those sensors out. Thanks in advance.

Edit because i forgot to mention: I already tried to tackle it so alot of the wiring for turn signals and the warning lights is chopped out but if need be i can fix my mess.
    Last edited by GhettoPistachio; 06-16-2019, 9:35 PM.
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Wiring isn't that hard if you take your time.....

First off do you have a wiring diagram so you know what and where wires are going?????

Comment

• farmall
      • Apr 2013

Start by drawing a schematic, not by chopping physical wiring. Printing a copy of the original schematic from the service manual (easy if you find a .pdf copy but you can scan the book or take it to a copy shop, have it scanned to .pdf and printed too) and use colored pencils to trace what you need to copy.

Comment

• Luky
        • May 2018

My advice is to buy a Clymers workshop manual and there is a color (easy to read) wiring diagram in the
        back of the manual. It will make the job much easier.

Comment

• GhettoPistachio
          • Jun 2019

So I printed a copy of the wiring diagram from the back of my service manual. It appears someone else already messed with it because almost none of the colors on the diagram match the actual bike in the area im working. So that combined with my electrical non-prowess...im lost. There is also aftermarket switches on the bars so those wires are different in color and quantity.

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by GhettoPistachio
            So I printed a copy of the wiring diagram from the back of my service manual. It appears someone else already messed with it because almost none of the colors on the diagram match the actual bike in the area im working. So that combined with my electrical non-prowess...im lost. There is also aftermarket switches on the bars so those wires are different in color and quantity.
            That doesn't sound right...... Make sure the year and model is exact......

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;