Do sportsters and 39mm dyna lowriders share the same fork length?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loco66
    • Jan 2017

Do sportsters and 39mm dyna lowriders share the same fork length?

I’ve swapped out the front end on my 98 dyna wide glide with my 92 sportster but now I’ve got the feeling that it may be too short in the front because when I push it onto my lift it scrapes the bottom of the frame. I haven’t been able to ride and test out the handling because the electrical needs a little work so I was wondering if anyone might now the fork length of a 98 lowrider or know of any resources where I can do some better research.
  • Down
    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Loco66
    I’ve swapped out the front end on my 98 dyna wide glide with my 92 sportster but now I’ve got the feeling that it may be too short in the front because when I push it onto my lift it scrapes the bottom of the frame. I haven’t been able to ride and test out the handling because the electrical needs a little work so I was wondering if anyone might now the fork length of a 98 lowrider or know of any resources where I can do some better research.
    Have you heard of this amazing thing called a tape measure?

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Down
      Have you heard of this amazing thing called a tape measure?
      I was wondering if someone was going to say that....... Thank you..........

Comment

• MOTher
        • Sep 2012

Give the guy a break. While he probably has a tape measure, he probably doesn't have a Dyna LowRider fork to measure, and the Dyna WideGlide may be little longer than the 39 mm fork.

Now, to actually answer the question, according to the Custom Cycle Engineering website, 1987 to present 39 mm fork tubes on FXLR, FXR, Dyna, and XL, are all the same length, stock. 24.25" Of course the 41 mm FXDWG fork tube for '98 is also 24.25, but there may be a difference in damper rod length, or slider length.

Also, The Dyna WideGlide had a 21" wheel, And we don't know about the Sportster, so if that was a 19" there may lie the difference.

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by MOTher
          Give the guy a break. While he probably has a tape measure, he probably doesn't have a Dyna LowRider fork to measure, and the Dyna WideGlide may be little longer than the 39 mm fork.

Also, The Dyna WideGlide had a 21" wheel, And we don't know about the Sportster, so if that was a 19" there may lie the difference.
          I agree but it doesn't sound like he has even measured what he has now he just asked a question first....

So by what you said the wide glide and the Low rider are the same length so now he needs to measure what he has now......

Now we are back to post #2 in this thread.....

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;