Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GSBobber1980
    • Aug 2017

Rabbit Ear bars for my 7/8” Suzuki?

Short of bending these up myself, any ideas on how to procure a set of these bars (on a budget?)

Bars are 7/8”, I’ve seen the conversion “risers” out there. The only thing is that I’ve never seen a set that aren’t made for a Harley or a completely different front end than my factory Suzuki.

• Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by GSBobber1980
    The only thing is that I’ve never seen a set that aren’t made for a Harley or a completely different front end than my factory Suzuki.

So in other words your wanting to put those bars on a stock bike?????

Comment

• GSBobber1980
      • Aug 2017

Sorry, that was misleading. Stock top tree. Bike is chopped, lowered and is getting a hardtail. It'll look not too different than the bike pictured above.

Stock clamps however:

Last edited by GSBobber1980; 06-11-2019, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
        • Dec 2017

Not hard to find 7/8" rabbit ears; gonna need something a little different with that stock top tree - perhaps a different top tree with through holes or modifying and cleaning up what ya got, or getting a set custom made to fit that stock top tree - but its a chopper man:

Plain Groovy Rabbit Ear Bars
        The 7/8" bars fit bikes with 100mm mounting. These narrow bars measure 10" apart at the grips.

7/8″ Rabbit Ears
        All bars are made to order. The are built from 7/8 – .120 wall S304 stainless steel.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Gruene-Gos-Scoot-Shop-Rabbits-Rear-169x300.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	1311252

these guys got a cheaper set made for xs, or others with 4" centre to center mounting

Don't know if they will meet your idea of budget though...

What about build 'em; seen this article?:

Build Custom Handlebars with Cry Baby Cycles
        "...I will walk you through the process of making some killer custom bars for your bike. Remember, be creative and push yourself to go outside the box and you will have the raddest pair of bars in the hood!..."

ChopCult is the online mecca for motorcycle enthusiasts, with active, content-rich forums covering all makes and models of motorcycles, exclusive articles.
        Last edited by TriNortchopz; 06-12-2019, 12:04 AM.
        If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• GSBobber1980
          • Aug 2017

Those visually are what I'm looking for. Its the mounting (as you know) that's the hard part. Im not sure if there's a top tree out there that I can swap to that'll allow me to use those bars as-is.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
            • Dec 2017

Something more like this:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-steering-parts-billet-aluminu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	1311253
            Clamp ID: 35mm, Tree Width: 9", Total Stem Length: 9-1/8", Stem Length Between Trees: 8"
            Fits: Honda: CB500 and CB550
            "Kemp decided to introduce this specific GL1000 model because the GL1000 forks are a common donor front-end to be used on the 500/550 Four's and 750's. It's a tremendous upgrade over the stock 35mm forks and allows the user to also take advantage of the front wheels and dual disc setup found on GL's."

You didn't tell the year and model of your bike...more importantly, the make and model of front end.

Know the diameter of your fork tubes? This will help to determine others with the same size:
            Fork tube Diameters list
            Compliments of "a member on another forum", Sorted by size, find yours and you can see what else shares the same size for a swapping donor. JAP bikes Fork Tube Sizes Fork Diameter Make Model and Year 27 Honda MB5 (82) 27 Honda CR-60R (83) 27 Honda XR-70R (97-03) 27 Honda XL-70K (74-76)...
            If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• GSBobber1980
              • Aug 2017

Bike is a 1980 GS850L. That’s what the title says anyway. But seriously though, the engine and the entire front end are stock 1980 GS850L

Comment

• Jasonisdico
                • May 2010

What about a narrow set of 7/8” rabbit ears with a 7/8” crossbar for the top tree? Something similar to my bars(this is an early pic before they got trimmed narrower).

Comment

• GSBobber1980
                  • Aug 2017

I think I’ll do a rabbit ear version on that mounting style. I was thinking of TIG’ing Nickles on each open end of the clamped portion

Comment

• Luky
                    • May 2018

Maybe just a set of Buck horn bars.

Comment

• GSBobber1980
                      • Aug 2017

That’s exactly what it came with... I can not STAND the look!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                      Working...
                      ;