Any experience with Jims Shovelhead Tappet Kit?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Davestune
    • May 2014

I would by s s lifters there around 400 and not worry about it if you dont want the Velva lifters
    Ihad to rebuild my 69 shovel after a Jims lifter failed.
    I dont know if flathead power is making lifters or still making them for s s But they are a damn nice lifter my knuckle has them

Comment

• 197FLH
      • Jan 2018

My 1979 Electra Glide FLH 1200 King of the Highway is running Jim's Powerglide Tappets,
      Taper Lite push rods, S&S Super Stock heads & Super E carburator, Head Quarters Torquer
      cam @ 0.465" lift, true dual exhaust. NO crossover.

All engine and transmission (all bearings upgraded) work done summer 2002. Balanced.

Primary chain with Hayden M6 and final o-ring chain.

Sprockets are 24/51. Yesterday I was screaming down the freeway at 80-mph+ all afternoon.

This bike does NOT leak one drop of anything!

I know the cam is fairly mild but this scoot is VERY reliable!......👍

Original 4-speed with 3.00 first gear hooks bard and goes straight.

Comment

• Revelator
        • Aug 2009

I have the Jims Powerglide tappets in my 93" pan motor, no problems & I
        have about 30k miles on them. I originally had the blue anodized aluminum
        Jims Push rods in the motor but one of them fractured and came apart after
        only 3,000 or so miles. I had to pull the motor to get all of the bits of
        aluminum out, I then switched to Comp Cams chromoly adjustable push rods,
        which are heavier, but more reliable. Jims informed me that they had a problem
        with the anodize treatment making them overly brittle.

Comment

• 38ulh
          • May 2015

I'm always out of town. But since I'm here and surfing I'll bump this thread. For what it's worth I thought the JIM'S clean up kit (OILS THRU PUSH RODS)would be a great upgrade when rebuilding my shovel. At the time the kit cost me about 1100 bucks. It made it between 25 and 30 thousand miles then a lifter hung up which destroyed the cam one lifter wheel and bent a push rod. I went back to OEM TYPE valve train. In the end the whole deal cost me a lot more than the cost of the clean up kit. I've really developed an attitude about companies that were once Known for Quality and innovation, Now it's all hype and the almighty dollar. I try to keep as much oem stuff in my shovel as possible. One thing that I have had a hard time finding is quality valve train parts. For the record I was running an Andrews AB grind at the time of the JIM'S failure. So far I have no complaints with Andrews products although I went to a J grind.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;