CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Compufire ignition module wiring

Been a lurker on chopcult for years. Now I am in dire need of some advice/help. The stock ignition module on my sportster XLH2000 fried, so I did some research and ordered a new one: a Compufire ignition module (20200, single fire), and a mechanical advance unit. Also a single fire ignition coil (with three poles, one + and a - for the frontplug, and a - for the rearplug. I cannot figure out the wiring of this new module.
    Question: Do I need/connect the VOES on this specific ignition module, to run the bike? Or can I ignore the VOES?, Cap it? Ground it?
    Question: Do I need the BAS to run the bike? Or can I ignore that one, too? Jump it?
    Question: On the Described coil, is there a convention as to if the left/right -pole is the front/rear plug?

Thanks!

With a mechanical advance, you do not use the VOES. You can remove it and cap the vacuum fitting at the carb.
    You can designate either side of the coil as front or rear.
    The BAS will not be used, but it might be possible to wire it in if desired.
    You just want the switched 12V from the run/off switch to power the center post on the coil.

Easy.

Jim

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Jim, Thanks for the quick and clear respons! Have a nice day!

Share This