X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rory214
    • May 2016

Dutchie shovelin' through the south-west

Hi there,

hope i'm in the right forum here, i thought this would be the right one.

in june next year i will be doing a six week solo trip through CA,NV,UT and AZ.
    on my '79 shovelhead which i will ship over there from Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

most part of the trip will be the typical tourist stuff but i wanted to know if there's any chopper related stuff i should check out.
    shows, party's, festivals, bars, rally's anything of that kind. and ofcourse, stuff i really should avoid.

or maybe you wanna have a ride, beers, share roadtales and show me some places.

Click image for larger version

Name:	35145931_1692687804171614_2638903158784393216_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	1344832
    i will be riding my 1979 hardtail shovelhead with Dutch registration and plates.
    no front brake
    no indicators
    no horn
    no mirrors
    no high beam
    should i expect to get pulled over for this?

any help and info would be appreciated!

TIA
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Pulled over??? You might and you might not.... As long as you ride normal I bet you should be just fine....

Comment

• DoomBuggy
      • Oct 2016

Most states want a mirror and horn, also due to the foreign plate you want to make sure you have an international license and liability insurance.

Man I am jealous, you will be riding in my favorite part of the USA. I really wish I was at a place where I could join you. Have a great time!

Comment

• laeljon
        • Dec 2016

U should come over to the Run to Raton (Northern New Mexico)in July, mostly old school chops, and a great time....July 18-22

Comment

• Rory214
          • May 2016

Originally posted by Tattooo
          Pulled over??? You might and you might not.... As long as you ride normal I bet you should be just fine....
          just figured American cops aren't as forgiving as the dutch ones.
          i'm a relaxed rider myself, but my foreign plates will probably catch their eye.

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
          Most states want a mirror and horn, also due to the foreign plate you want to make sure you have an international license and liability insurance.

Man I am jealous, you will be riding in my favorite part of the USA. I really wish I was at a place where I could join you. Have a great time!
          i have a international license and all neccesary insurances and registration.
          a mirror and a horn shouldn't be too hard to temp fab on my bike.

i'll be there in june 2020 so you have some time to find a way, lol. you're most welome to join!

Originally posted by laeljon
          U should come over to the Run to Raton (Northern New Mexico)in July, mostly old school chops, and a great time....July 18-22
          is that around the same date every year? sure sounds cool. just don't know if i can stay till the end of july.

Comment

• SamHain
            • Apr 2024

Born free is the end of June outside of Irvine ca

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;