CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Dutchie shovelin' through the south-west

Hi there,

hope i'm in the right forum here, i thought this would be the right one.

in june next year i will be doing a six week solo trip through CA,NV,UT and AZ.
    on my '79 shovelhead which i will ship over there from Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

most part of the trip will be the typical tourist stuff but i wanted to know if there's any chopper related stuff i should check out.
    shows, party's, festivals, bars, rally's anything of that kind. and ofcourse, stuff i really should avoid.

or maybe you wanna have a ride, beers, share roadtales and show me some places.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35145931_1692687804171614_2638903158784393216_n.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	94388
    i will be riding my 1979 hardtail shovelhead with Dutch registration and plates.
    no front brake
    no indicators
    no horn
    no mirrors
    no high beam
    should i expect to get pulled over for this?

any help and info would be appreciated!

TIA

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Pulled over??? You might and you might not.... As long as you ride normal I bet you should be just fine....

Get Adobe Flash player

Most states want a mirror and horn, also due to the foreign plate you want to make sure you have an international license and liability insurance.

Man I am jealous, you will be riding in my favorite part of the USA. I really wish I was at a place where I could join you. Have a great time!

Get Adobe Flash player

U should come over to the Run to Raton (Northern New Mexico)in July, mostly old school chops, and a great time....July 18-22

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    Pulled over??? You might and you might not.... As long as you ride normal I bet you should be just fine....
    just figured American cops aren't as forgiving as the dutch ones.
    i'm a relaxed rider myself, but my foreign plates will probably catch their eye.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBuggy View Post
    Most states want a mirror and horn, also due to the foreign plate you want to make sure you have an international license and liability insurance.

Man I am jealous, you will be riding in my favorite part of the USA. I really wish I was at a place where I could join you. Have a great time!
    i have a international license and all neccesary insurances and registration.
    a mirror and a horn shouldn't be too hard to temp fab on my bike.

i'll be there in june 2020 so you have some time to find a way, lol. you're most welome to join!

Quote Originally Posted by laeljon View Post
    U should come over to the Run to Raton (Northern New Mexico)in July, mostly old school chops, and a great time....July 18-22
    is that around the same date every year? sure sounds cool. just don't know if i can stay till the end of july.

SamHain

Born free is the end of June outside of Irvine ca

Share This