Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ExplodingCoffinEmporium
    • Oct 2016

V-Twin Manufacturing Rear Master Cylinder Rebuild Kit 23-1211

Rebuilt in 2018 with this kit, haven’t had a spec of trouble with it since then.

Comment

• ElvisQuanbeck
      • Jul 2021

As it stands my rear brake is still a pile of shit after agressively bleeding it so it's gotta be the rear master cylinder. I called the local dealer just to see if they were holding a rebuild kit in hopes I'd be able to pick it up immediately but *womp**womp* no such luck. So I'm gonna take a minute here and figure out which brand and where to order it from; J&P, partzilla, lowbrow, all the usual fuckery sites. @explodingcoffinemporium (does this shit work to tag other people?! idk) suggested V-Twin and that's what I bought when I replaced my clutch plates after buying the bike a couple years ago and they've been good enough so we'll see what I end up with. I don't think I "need" anything else right now soooooo I'll probs end up getting stuck paying extra for shipping so I can get it here faster. Who knows, we'll see....

Comment

• DazedandConfused
        • Nov 2021

Originally posted by ElvisQuanbeck
        As it stands my rear brake is still a pile of shit after agressively bleeding it so it's gotta be the rear master cylinder. I called the local dealer just to see if they were holding a rebuild kit in hopes I'd be able to pick it up immediately but *womp**womp* no such luck. So I'm gonna take a minute here and figure out which brand and where to order it from; J&P, partzilla, lowbrow, all the usual fuckery sites. @explodingcoffinemporium (does this shit work to tag other people?! idk) suggested V-Twin and that's what I bought when I replaced my clutch plates after buying the bike a couple years ago and they've been good enough so we'll see what I end up with. I don't think I "need" anything else right now soooooo I'll probs end up getting stuck paying extra for shipping so I can get it here faster. Who knows, we'll see....
        My experience is that all of that shit comes from China anyway, and there's good probability that those little misc. parts all come from the same few sources regardless of who is packaging them and putting their logo on it.

If you're going to have the system apart anyway, my personal suggestion is to go ahead and rebuild the caliper while you're at it.

Comment

• docmel
          • May 2015

Ill say again, get an air compressor powered bleeder: I have run into new systems and rebuilt systems that just would not bleed. Mityvac didnt work, gravity bleeding didnt work, etc, etc: The bleeder I posted earlier in this posting is the only one that worked, and did it in about 5 minutes, if not shorter

Comment

• ElvisQuanbeck
            • Jul 2021

I'm not against rebuilding the caliper as well but I prefer going at it all one piece at a time so that I can better assess the problem and what the proper solution is. That being said, I got the fucker working!!!

I really only found two oem replacements, Drag Specialties or V-Twin, but since it's just a spring and a couple rubber boots to rebuild the rear master cylinder I thought I'd take a chance and save $8 by ordering the rebuild kit from sportyparts.com and it showed up in a couple days. I got the master cylinder put back together with all the new parts in no time. I may need to eventually get a new dust cap for the plastic connector that goes to one of the hose lines but I couldn't fine a real replacement. Found the part number and everything on Ronnies Harley page, searched the internet, I was really only able to find a similar part on Amazon that was for a Suzuki so I decided against getting it at this time. I'm considering getting a different master cylinder all together at some point when I get around to chopping the frame so no rush on replacing an enlarged dust cap that doesn't properly cover because it's over bloated from old age, even tho I did try boiling and freezing it as well to make it fit but no luck.

Once it was all bolted back on, I did another reverse brake bleed to finish it off, and fired up my bike for a ride around the neighborhood. It's crazy how much stronger a front brake is to a rear brake even when the rear is all new. I guess it's all about the momentum and physics and shit. Anywhooooo, I'm back on the road for now until I decide to tackle my next problem. I'm pretty sure I've got extra oil getting in my front jug but not sure if its the valve seal or the piston ring. Time to reread the manual and start watching Dr. YouTube before I jump into that one.

Comment

• ExplodingCoffinEmporium
              • Oct 2016

Good to hear man, so did it end up just being the master cylinder as far as your aware?

Comment

• ElvisQuanbeck
                • Jul 2021

Originally posted by ExplodingCoffinEmporium
                Good to hear man, so did it end up just being the master cylinder as far as your aware?
                Correctomundo dude!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;