Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cmonster13
    • Dec 2017

Best sissy bar bags and straps?

Taking the Shovelhead across country in a few weeks and I’m still trying to find the best bag to keep my shit in and best way to secure it all to my sissy bar. Would love to hear some input.
  • laeljon
    • Dec 2016

biltwell EXFil 80

Holds everything I need....
    Attached Files

Comment

• bobberadam
      • Jan 2011

I do not personally have one, but i saw these at costco and thought it would be a good option.

Shop Costco.com for electronics, computers, furniture, outdoor living, appliances, jewelry and more. Enjoy low warehouse prices on name-brands products delivered to your door.

Comment

• AlbertaFarmer
        • Sep 2013

I use military surplus stuff as much as I can. The quality is generally much higher than civilian stuff, and the prices much lower. American military stuff is really good, but expensive in Canada, so I haven't learned much about what's out there. Anything Swiss or German has been top shelf, in my experience. I don't know if you can still get em' down South, but I've been using one of these Swiss backpacks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	backpack.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	1310901
        They are very waterproof and all the straps are thick leather. The nice thing is, they have tie down spots built in and you can throw it over your back if you don't want to leave it with the bike. I also run a little Swiss gas mask bag for tools. Really durable and relatively cheap.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mec.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	282.3 KB
ID:	1310902
        I used one of these on a big trip a while back. Lot's of room, and waterproof as it gets. had all my camping gear and whatever else in there.

From what I've seen, anything waterproof is going to be at least a little bit of a hassle to get in and out of. The ideal set up is one big waterproof bag for the stuff you only need once in a while, and another bag for whatever little things you might need on the road.

For tying down, I've always used ratchet straps and tarp straps. Haven't lost a bag yet.
        Last edited by AlbertaFarmer; 05-30-2019, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• MayElGuero
          • May 2019

Best straps go to sweatshop industries. they dont have em for sale on the website, but you can contact them on facebook and theyll reply. I think they sell them in sets of 2 for 20 bucks but they're high quality leather, with steel cinch. I haven't lost any gear since

Comment

• SamHain
            • Apr 2024

woven leather belts set you back about nothin at any thrift store.

Comment

• Down
              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by SamHain
              woven leather belts set you back about nothin at any thrift store.
              This! Last a damn long time (if not forever), cheap as hell and easy to get.

For bags I also use military surplus. Swiss and German. Pretty easy to get, but do look out for people selling them for waaaay too much because they call it "vintage". I don't think I've paid more than 30 bucks for a waterproof bag and I've had so many over the years.
              The only reason I keep buying and changing bags is looks.

Comment

• Cmonster13
                • Dec 2017

Thanks for the input guys. All great ideas. The woven belts are genius, never even thought about that probably going to hit up and army surplus store and check out their bags too. The 14th is coming up fast and I need to get my shit together lol.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                  • Oct 2016

I've used my old army duffle bag forever, well until one of my boys absconded with it that is ;-).

I have to mention, one of this site's supporting vendors has some damn nice looking bags from Bitwell and MAG. Looks like they have the big sissy bar bag on sale for $75.00us. Might be worth a looksee.

Comment

• andri
                    • Mar 2012

I really like the Biltwell exfil 80. It’s well thought out, straps nicely to a sissy bar and you can easily strap a buch of stuff to it.
                    Also the toolbag with the back pad is a neat detail.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;