Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oingo
    • Jul 2016

Paughco frame question

Anyone here that has build a chopper on the paughco swedish style frame? Just wondering since I just started thinking on a build with that frame as base
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Oingo
    Anyone here that has build a chopper on the paughco swedish style frame?
    What is that????????? What is it a copy of????

Pics please............

Comment

• Oingo
      • Jul 2016

Originally posted by Tattooo
      What is that????????? What is it a copy of????

Pics please............
      I wonder that too, just thinking how it looks in real life.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	9EFC0E33-1558-47F2-9FD6-C3118D0620E8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1310781

Comment

• Hoghead
        • Jun 2015

If you are trying to figure how it'll look, time to get a pencil and paper!

BTW, i've bought Paughco products in the past and they've been good quality, but not a frame. That said there's a few who are very happy with them on forums on the 'net.

I like to see frames before I buy, and I get them checked in a jig before assembly.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
          • Dec 2017

Here:
          2014 Thread: Evo Swedish Style, by jakeyoung
          "1340cc evo in a paughco swedish style frame and a paughco narrow springer..."
          Click image for larger version

Name:	tapa6a4a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	1310803
          Only I'm not in Sweden, but TEXAS. A while back I got hit by some dumb lady in her PT cruiser on my sporty. These were some of the last photos I took of it. It could have been fixed, but I was in the market for a big twin, so I decided to cut my losses and take a check. Sure did love that bike. So I bought a new big
          If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Oingo
            • Jul 2016

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
            Here:
            2014 Thread: Evo Swedish Style, by jakeyoung
            "1340cc evo in a paughco swedish style frame and a paughco narrow springer..."
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]94171[/ATTACH]
            http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36124
            Thank you!

Comment

• Dougtheinternetannoyance123
              • Apr 2012

I too like the Swedish style frames, And been tempted. I have spent time reading and looking up as many pictures of other builds to come up with ideas and any issues.
              I do have another style Paughco Sportster chop frame I picked up as a roller a few years ago. The reason I think the guy sold it (Local CL deal) and reason it was cheap was because it sat too low.
              I have been pondering how to fix it without really rewelding and reconfiguring the entire frame but the rear axle plates need to be lower because as of right now the bottom frame rails sit so low to the ground you cant really slide a 2x4 under the bike. (Any pot holes, speed bumps or a dead possum in the road and you are going to high center)

I recently moved stuff in storage and will have the roller out and take some pix and try a few things to get the height under it better. (Different wheels, tires and fork length) This is NOT a swedish style frame, but is a Paughco.

Comment

• farmall
                • Apr 2013

OP could ask Paughco for the distance between rear axle center and lowest part of any frame they make then calculate ground clearance. Some better pics would be a reasonable request. OP has money and Paughco want to sell product.

I have been pondering how to fix it without really rewelding and reconfiguring the entire frame but the rear axle plates need to be lower because as of right now the bottom frame rails sit so low to the ground you cant really slide a 2x4 under the bike. (Any pot holes, speed bumps or a dead possum in the road and you are going to high center)
                I "fixed" an aftermarket Softail frame I didn't need by making it into a very useful drivetrain caddy/engine stand adapter which does me far more good than an untitled frame gathering dust. The rest resides in my scrap pile for when I need tubing or tabs. Generic aftermarket chopper frames are so plentiful and cheap that an "overall geometry" problem like the rear section locating the axle plates too high wouldn't be worth my time, and if that frame happened to be titled the neck would find a new home in a bag with that title until used again. A couple of crossmembers and some casters would make moving engines much nicer, and a frame section can be used as a run stand if desired.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;