Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dowood1
    • May 2019

New seat rail tubes should be in there way to me tomorrow , started a few smaller jobs , converting the fuel tank to leccy box plus made a seat base and got some foam for it .
    Spotted this on the web tonite looked mean and low . But seems to be a standard frame , nice looking bike ! Looks cool with everything painted , and no chrome in sight
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20E722C0-C088-4DDC-8B33-EA408E787D5A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1317652

Comment

• TriNortchopz
      • Dec 2017

Name:	honda vlx600, 2007 gbc.jpg
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	1317810
      2007 600, on garage built choppers
      If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• dowood1
        • May 2019

TriNortchopz . Nice looking bike for a garage build . I like the routing of the down pipes . But the guy in the pic doesn’t like either the Bike or the photographer by the look on his face

Comment

• dowood1
          • May 2019

Got the replacement seat rails , and have done a quick mock up . The rear end of the seat rails need to come up a couple of inches and the front end of them to needs drop drop about an inch . But it looks a better already than it did before . Took me a while to work out how to leave enough space to mount the diff , but I’ve got it sorted now ( I think ) ! I am splicing the front end of the seat rails into the top tubes , then I’ll brace / gusset it all up
          The top bracing point for my jig needs to be moved lower , then cut the top off the rear shock mounting loop to clear the new seat rails . Which should mean the seat will stay bout the same height as it was , although the whole frame will sit a bit lower whe finished .

Name:	EB3C20A9-15B0-449C-901C-D4CC0754F277.jpg
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	1317956

Comment

• dowood1
            • May 2019

Oops ! Sorry bout the pic , not sure how to correct that

Comment

• dowood1
              • May 2019

Here’s a better mock up the seat rails are where they need to be ( all be it propped on bits of angle iron whilst I wait for for the steel for the axle plates ) . The seat is where it needs to be , although it will have some padding ( and a cover ) . The ex tank may move a bit further forward , once I get the goose neck sorted ! . Gonna have to change the bottom rail , didn’t allow enough room for the diff on tother side ! But I seem to be making progress now

Name:	CB4D6413-7484-4FE7-95A6-01B436914158.jpg
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	1318076.
              Last edited by dowood1; 05-02-2020, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• dowood1
                • May 2019

Just bought a pair of these from Germany ( custom stuff from Germany seems to be a lot cheaper than in the uk )
                Never thought much of the style or the comfort of the originals . If I remember my sports moped correctly ( lol) these should be better , and look a lot better to !
                Sorry should have said to use as footrests , oops

Name:	EC6E83D2-8CCF-4B61-B496-B7196117E9EE.jpg
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1318265
                Last edited by dowood1; 05-10-2020, 2:48 PM.

Comment

• dowood1
                  • May 2019

Ok have got the axle plate done one side , it’s a bit chunkier than I had in mind . But it needs to be that tall , so the frame tubes miss the diff housing and it also picks up the two rear diff mounting bolts . But I think it can be made to look less plate like by having some horizontal ribs above and below the axle . Well that’s the plan at the mo ! Click image for larger version

Name:	3D90AA30-6F40-44BC-BEF3-2E7017D13681.jpg
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	1318309
                  Last edited by dowood1; 05-11-2020, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• dowood1
                    • May 2019

Have got the other side of the rear end made and tacked into place now , the axle is all square and secure . Which is good , coz I had to remove the rather cumbersome jig I made Because it was getting in the way of setting up the axle plates .Will knock up a less clunky jig to finish fettling the axle plates

Name:	A2EE2FDE-3E94-4E56-BDE7-EF73F92775BE.jpg
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	1318362

Comment

• shank1kole
                      • Dec 2015

Gonna be sweet man!

Comment

• dowood1
                        • May 2019

Originally posted by shank1kole
                        Gonna be sweet man!
                        Thanks , it does seem to be getting there nicely . Can be a bit of a test working in the garden tho . But it keeps the neighbours amused and I’m determined to get there .

Comment

• dowood1
                          • May 2019

Managed to straighten / square the axle plates up . And didn’t need a jig for it . Also managed to get rid of the rest of the swinging arm and the pivot points . Pleased at how well it all went. Now ready to try the rear wheel in the frame . Have got a bit of rod to use till I can get a longer axle bolt made . Tried a mock up of the ribbing on the axle plates with masking tape , looked good to me !

Comment

• dowood1
                            • May 2019

Not to much progress at the mo , lost a bit of confidence . Nearly messing up the rear end , it’s difficult working with Out any facilities ! So I’m now getting some quotes to have the gooseneck done , don’t wanna mess it all up this far into the build . If it’s too pricey I’ll Go without One . Tried to mount the rear fender / mudguard and sissy bar today . But didn’t have the right size steel to make the brackets , but the required bits are on there way now . A bit of a frustrating day really , but it happens lol. But I know from what I could do , they will work well for me , although there’s a few bolt holes to weld up in the mudguard .
                            Last edited by dowood1; 05-17-2020, 4:27 PM.

Comment

• dowood1
                              • May 2019

Managed to get a bit more done today , I think it’s starting to look cool . Had one quote for the goose neck , but could buy a custom frame for what they wanted to do it . Reckon it still needs one tho . Guess I’ll have to do it me self , reasonably confident to do it , lol
                              The sissy bar is just bodged into place , will keep all the centre bits and remake the outer frame in a thicker bar . It’s progress I guess !

Name:	E213E4E1-AEF9-478E-8BFD-5CD4C7AED72E.jpg
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1318543

Name:	3D37241F-2154-4487-8643-0227084F1537.jpg
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	1318544

Comment

• bob138
                                • Apr 2020

Regarding drive shaft lengthening: this guy just used steel tube. Apparently the cush drive helps a lot.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;