Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dowood1
    • May 2019

Thanks bob138 , that looks like a interesting post haven’t had chance to watch it or study the xvs shaft yet . Have shortened shafts before for a cx500 and 2 litre diesel trike , but have never lengthend one as yet . Gonna have to look at some ideas soon . The unit that bolts to the front of the xvs diff appears to have a seal on the end of it thru which the d/shaft has to be pulled back thru to remove the shaft . So that looks like it would rule out sleeving the shaft . Will try to watch the clip later , thanks again

Comment

• dowood1
      • May 2019

Found this Pic of a well Cool bike On the inter web , but I’m not that if it were mine I’d be comfortable with that seat stylistically or from a comfort / safety point of view ! Click image for larger version

Name:	67968469-5ABE-4ED7-B04A-1A659596F7F2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1318689

Comment

• Skjoll
        • Oct 2018

I know where the builder of that bike is coming from. In the 60s we used to customize our Schwinns and Huffys and I've seen that trend carry on to chops recently... an ode to fond childhood memories.

Comment

• dowood1
          • May 2019

Yep right with you there Skjoll and it does look great and brings back fond memories . Still not sure about sitting on such a narrow Hight seat that’s sprung at the front. On a machine That goes faster than I could ever pedal . But it defo looks good tho

Comment

• Skjoll
            • Oct 2018

Originally posted by dowood1
            ... not sure about sitting on such a narrow Hight seat that’s sprung at the front...
            And that's why I see more customs like that parked at shows instead of ridden on the road.

Comment

• dowood1
              • May 2019

Originally posted by Skjoll
              And that's why I see more customs like that parked at shows instead of ridden on the road.
              Yeah no matter how good they look or how clever they are . It’s always a shame when they’re built for show and not “ practical“ riding IMO

Comment

• dowood1
                • May 2019

Have moved the seat back an inch , fitted the kicker pedal footrests , but still waiting for the right size clevis pins . Have Also tacked some 10mm bar on the rear axle plates as faux ribbing . Which looks a lot better to me , even without any moulding or paint .

Click image for larger version

Name:	87AE4C7B-957A-4ED8-8178-B0E4BEF29DEF.jpg
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	1318762
                Last edited by dowood1; 05-28-2020, 1:50 PM.

Comment

• dowood1
                  • May 2019

Took a gamble and bought a pair of xt600 forks off of flea bay . Thought they would widen the gap between the front wheel and the front of the frame, with the forward mounted axle , Result ! Its stepped it up from 4” to 7 3/4 “! And looks cool to me . Will need to do a bit of fabbing to fit the front wheel properly plus the speedo drive & caliper . Have got the stance right now , and no chance of knacking the frame up trying to goose neck it in the garden . Also decided to bin the sissy bar , and keep it low at the rear end . Now I’m on a roll !
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	4FFC8D12-4997-45DF-83A8-05B581BE2DFA.jpg
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	1318793

Comment

• AlexAlex
                    • May 2022

If you want to make a cool tail for your bike, then put good shock absorbers. I was advised by a guy to get the best rear shocks for harley davidson touring, so now the bike looks like a beast and it's more fun to ride.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;