Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ac72rat
    • Mar 2012

Shovel 12 point cylinder head bolts

Any suggestions? Colony, G/Westcott or maybe something else ,not to cheep out but 80 bucks puts a dent on the rebuild I know I can just Wrasle the ones I removed and save $ well that’s the decision
  • Hubbard
    • Dec 2010

Money well spent. Get a 12 point assortment of wrenchs too. fuck 6 point 9/16 headbolts

Comment

• BuddhahoodVato
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by ac72rat
      Any suggestions? Colony, G/Westcott or maybe something else ,not to cheep out but 80 bucks puts a dent on the rebuild I know I can just Wrasle the ones I removed and save $ well that’s the decision
      Don't make any difference, get the head bolt wrenches, done deal.

Comment

• JBinNC
        • Dec 2018

9/16 by 3/8 drive torque adapter is all you need on a shovelhead. Then you can torque the headbolts correctly, and you can reach all ten bolts easily. Proto makes one that's not too expensive. Certainly cheaper than $80 set of headbolts that you don't need.

Boys, you work on ANYTHING and you will find you need a few specialty tools. Stop bitching and go buy the tool. Then you have, you know, tools. Can't have too many tools. I hit a flea market this morning and bought some good wrenches and two big threading taps, still have change from $20.

Jim

P.S. Oh, and a Simonds mill smooth file. And ALL of it was USA made.

J
        Last edited by JBinNC; 05-12-2019, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

If you have a welder you can slice the square drive off a spare socket, cut a spare wrench and make an adapter at no cost.

I also use a 1/4" drive 9/16" socket on a 1/4" drive ratchet with a small head to run those bolts in and out, Much quicker than a wrench.

Comment

• Dragstews
            • Sep 2010

Springie Thingie

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

^^^^^ Yep I have one of them also.....^^^^^ They work great....

Comment

• ac72rat
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by farmall
                If you have a welder you can slice the square drive off a spare socket, cut a spare wrench and make an adapter at no cost.

I also use a 1/4" drive 9/16" socket on a 1/4" drive ratchet with a small head to run those bolts in and out, Much quicker than a wrench.
                The cob answer I was looking for (I’ll keep the ones I have ) on a chop what ya got situation thank you farm I gotta welder , jb just askin not bitchin will need the torque adapter Anyway all good Thanks to all pss no springy thing necessary cheers

Comment

• Dragstews
                  • Sep 2010

pss no springy thing necessary cheers
                  That springie thingie is as handy as tits on a milk cow for spinning the Oem bolts home....
                  Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Tattooo
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Dragstews
                    That springie thingie is as handy as tits on a milk cow for spinning the Oem bolts home....
                    You got that shit right....... But if you don't need one that is just fine......

Comment

• SamHain
                      • Apr 2024

1/4 drive with a joint and with or without a cordless impact works even better. McMaster has those torque adapters for pretty cheap and their shit seems to show up within a day for me.

Comment

• ac72rat
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Tattooo
                        You got that shit right....... But if you don't need one that is just fine......
                        Damn had this lil 1/4” guy in the box couple decades never used it always universals
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Tattooo
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by SamHain
                          1/4 drive with a joint and with or without a cordless impact works even better.
                          I never use an impact on anything putting it together..... Or taking it apart for that matter..... It's just to hard on old threads....

Comment

• Tattooo
                            • Sep 2012

Damn had this lil 1/4” guy in the box couple decades never used it always universals
                            I have one just like it but like you I don't use it that much........ I also have one similar that I use to set the dwell on a Chevy distributor....

Comment

• SamHain
                              • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Tattooo
                              I never use an impact on anything putting it together..... Or taking it apart for that matter..... It's just to hard on old threads....
                              I’m comfortable with it. All it’s doing is spinning, no real tightening or loosening.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;