Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joker12
    • May 2019

Bobber fender mount

I chopped a rear fender and looking for the best way to connect the struts to the fender. There is about 1/2" of clearance between the fender and tire. I have 1/4" steal rods running from the swing arm up to the fender. I was thinking about using rivets to attach them together, but not sure of the strength. What would you recommend.
  • tzienlee
    • Apr 2024

we need photos to see what ya thinking of,.... but generally rivets would be a bad choice as they WILL loosen up and induce cracking

Comment

• Joker12
      • May 2019

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image-33.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	1310346

This is what Im working on. I have not received the swing arm mounts for the rods so they are not in the picture but they have flat ends so any type of attachment will work as long as it fits the clearance between the fender and tire. I just don't want to weld in case it all needs to be taken apart.

Comment

• BuddhahoodVato
        • Apr 2010

Does that fender go all the way down, or half show fender.
        When you get the struts, mock it up, drill, be done with it.

Comment

• Joker12
          • May 2019

it ends just above the bottom of the swing arm. So that's what i would like some advice on. I am going to drill and attach it but with what hardware would be the best for the clearance?

Should I just use a normal bolt and nut or something else?
          Last edited by Joker12; 05-06-2019, 5:41 PM.

Comment

• BurdetteDR
            • Jul 2016

If it were me, I suppose I would use a button head socket cap bolt from inside the fender to outside, then use a decorative acorn nut on the outside. Bolt would need to be carefully measured or trimmed to length for appropriate fitment

Comment

• bobberadam
              • Jan 2011

^^^^ Exactly what i was going to say. Pretty much all of my fenders mount with a button head allen going from the inside out.

Comment

• Joker12
                • May 2019

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image-35.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	1310394

Fabricated the struts and just used a simple bolt and acorn nut with a lock washer. Have this side and the front center strut made and installed. Still have one more on the other side, but thank you for the advise. It looks great and couldn't be happier.

Comment

• BuddhahoodVato
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Joker12
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]93673[/ATTACH]

Fabricated the struts and just used a simple bolt and acorn nut with a lock washer. Have this side and the front center strut made and installed. Still have one more on the other side, but thank you for the advise. It looks great and couldn't be happier.
                  Looks good, figure out something for the tuck in.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;