Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • utenka
    • Apr 2019

Thinking about chopping my 2000 nighthawk cb750

i'm looking for a hardtail kit, but they are all for bikes from the 70's and early 80's, does anyone know of a kit that will fit my bike?
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

Looks like the 2000 frame should not be that difficult to hardtail, it has a single backbone and chain drive:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	honda-cb750-nighthawk-2000-y-usa-frame_bighu0383f2800a_e509.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1310330

compared to the 1983 750 nighthawk, which had the removable frame section for engine removal:

Name:	frame_mediumhu0189f1c28_f93d.jpg
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1310331

phone a couple of the frame/hardtail builders to get one made.
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• utenka
      • Apr 2019

i agree, i just think a kit would be easier. ok i don't mind a little welding.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
        • Dec 2017

Originally posted by utenka
        i agree, i just think a kit would be easier. ok i don't mind a little welding.
        There are a few options out there:

2011 Thread: Universal hardtail kits?
        Im ganna hardtail a 1981 Suzuki 400 single cylinder bike, and was thinking about just buying the TC Bros. Universal Hardtail Kit? Has anybody on here tried one? Or if anybodies heard of anybody else that has a hardtail kit let me know? Thanks dudes!

Universal Weld-On Hardtail Frame Kit

Name:	104-0011_1.jpg
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1310351
        TC Bros. Universal Weld-On Hardtail Frame Kit TC Bros. Universal Hardtail Chopper Frame Kit. Tubing is 1 1/8" Diameter Steel with .120 (about 1/8" wall thickness. This tubing is the same as we use on our XS650 & CB750 weld on hardtails. The axle plates are cut from 3/8" thick steel and have an integrated mounting

Universal Hardtail Kit - 1" DOM Tubing
        This universal hardtail kit uses 1020 mild steel DOM tubing with a .120" wall thickness and includes 4 pieces of bent tubing, 3 cross tubes, 2 sleeves (slugs), and a set of 3/8" laser-cut axle plates. Three styles of axle plate and four slot sizes.

Your one-stop shop for aftermarket and custom motorcycle parts. Old's Cool Choppers has parts for Triumph, Harley Davidson, Yamaha, Bobber, Chopper, Cafe Parts for Sportsters, Bonneville, XS 650s, and much more.
        If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;