Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BadMonkeyMW
    • Jul 2010

That's a Cycle One hardtail, quality stuff.

Comment

• digginout
      • Apr 2019

Maybe, I haven't found a receipt for it yet. I know it looks good

Comment

• digginout
        • Apr 2019

Man that was a loooooong day. 20.5 hours. My fucking feet hurt something fierce. I'm still having trouble with pics guys sorry. This morning I did the electric box. Everything including the battery fits in a sardine can style 20mm linked ammo box under the seat. When you undo the latch it will hang itself against the frame and box or drop completely out. Seemed like a good idea. Picked up a set of old school goldwing bars and controls. disassembled the switches and cleaned contacts etc. They are mini ape-ish and have cool patina and the price was right. Free lol. I liked the kz gauges so I retained them. Mounted them at an angle on top of the triple clamp through the holes that originally mounted the odometer and plastic ignition console. I kept the kz headlight too, or at least the one that came with my bike. I broke some simple 3/16 alu for mounts. From the rear tank mount forward the wires are as hidden and unobtrusive as possible. Tomorrow morning I'll finish from the tank mount back wiring. That involves penetrating the electrical box a couple of times. That's kind of a pickle to hide the wires there because it's all open... I'll figure something out. I should be in to function testing tomorrow, might even fire her up for the first time in seven years. We will see. Anyway good night or good morning or whatever.... Jake

Comment

• hillcat
          • Mar 2015

Jake, I will presume to speak for all of us when I say post pics.
          We don't care if they are sideways & multiples. That's OK.
          There is interest in your project but not if it's just your description.
          Do not take offense to this request and just do it.
          Thanks from the peanut gallery.

Comment

• digginout
            • Apr 2019

No offense at all taken Hillcat. My problem is it will not upload the pictures. The three sideways pictures where a fluke. I've tried and tried and will keep trying. Thanks for the interest! Jake

Comment

• digginout
              • Apr 2019

Click image for larger version

Name:	received_399040747356184.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1310463Click image for larger version

Name:	received_1420804208061794.jpg
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1310464Click image for larger version

Name:	received_426222214884413.jpg
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	1310465Click image for larger version

Name:	received_426222214884413.jpg
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	1310465

Have no idea why but it worked instantly this morning. I won't question it. I'll take some more when I get back to the shop. Thanks guys, Jake

Comment

• Luky
                • May 2018

I like the gas tank. What is it?

Comment

• digginout
                  • Apr 2019

1982 kz, I thought it looked great and decided to keep it. I really like the patina of the paint but I haven't figured out how to match it for the fender. I really dont want to repaint it

Comment

• digginout
                    • Apr 2019

Name:	MVIMG_20190514_035924.jpg
Size:	298.2 KB
ID:	1310591 she fired up today. Sounds mean and rev's very very quickly

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                      • Dec 2017

Great stuff, them big Zs got their own growl...askin' a lot, but can ya post a video?
                      If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• digginout
                        • Apr 2019

Well the loading of the video in any shape form or fashion is a no go. I realize y'all don't like reading my progress at all but I'm gonna post it anyway. Im on the last leg of this journey before riding. New rear tire is on, rear brakes done, pegs, paint etc. Just finished rebuilding the front forks and slid them back in the triple clamps. I'll change the front tire tomorrow and bleed the brakes. Gotta throw a few painted peices back on like seat spring and electrical box, plug a few things back up and we are riding. I'll keep trying to post you guys some pics and video. Take it easy, Jake

Comment

• digginout
                          • Apr 2019

Name:	1559061194439504016571417027590.jpg
Size:	300.0 KB
ID:	1310842 First test ride. Man it's fast. Stopped charging on me though. God was looking out for me though. Died at a buddies work about a mile from a buddies bike shop with a trailer. Could have been worse and sure was fun while it lasted!

Comment

• fastestz1
                            • Apr 2010

Name:	20190507_100320.jpg
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	1310843

if you decide to paint it and add sum chrome goodies,
                            let me kno ill give you a deal on these,

Comment

• Nanonevol
                              • Feb 2017

Curious about the "DST" sticker on the tank.

Comment

• walexia98
                                • Apr 2024

Any chopper frame fits any engine--yes in state of delusion. But if you get a specific chopper frame it may be able to take only a particular type of engine and drive- as in a right chain drive rig with mounts for Sportster engine. Maybe it is left chain drive and made for big twin Harley's. Perhaps it is wide frame double loop meant for Honda 4s of varying size with a option of mounting Kaw or Suzi transverse 4s. My old custom AEE clone chopper frame with BSA engine in it has mount kits for Triumph and Yamaha 650 twins, high top frame tube clearance for overhead cams- lots of space for low BSA engine but not meant for 4 cylinders. As a general standard the rigid chopper frames come as Harley basic, twin basic, 4 basic and have a general shape of old harley straight leg from knuckle head, 1957 pan, a twin frame sort of like 1930s to 1950 Triumph speed twin/Brough Superior with extra clearance, and a wide squat frame to fit the sideways 4 cylinders- often favoring the Honda 750 engine or variants. A few light frames made- some are based on a dirt track/speedway design that was meant for 500cc singles as a racer and got a street front on them for sale as street chopper- one advertised couple years back had a mounting kit for the Yamaha 65 and saved about 50 pounds over the Yamaha frame, etc while using back wheel and brake, possible to use front end, styled like a Happy days BSA as was shown in a couple of the shows- 1950s rigid limey frame look, solo seat- for $500.00 you could get a crashed Yamaha 650 back on road..

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;