Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digginout
    • Apr 2019

So finally back home. Had a few seconds to check out some parts that came. Also looked through the repair manual and found the hand written notes from the owner before last that built it. It is according to them a high compression 1075 with .470 lift "race" cams. Has sidewinder Racing exhaust and 36mm muniki's RS flat slide carbs. I did measure the inside throat of them on the engine side and confirmed that. I read somewhere but I can't find it now that 2 of the intake ports had a curve to them factory. Is that true? Mine are a straight shot. I'm gonna have to cut a considerable portion of my brand new carbs boots out to match the ports and old carb boots. A lot, like a light 3/8's of an inch. Is that common or is there a place I can purchase boots that i.d. with the kz bolt circle? How's this thing gonna run being a barebones stretched hard tail? Thanks again guys. Jake

Comment

• TriNortchopz
      • Dec 2017

that 1075 with cams and carbs should get you at least 120 HP, and be about 475 lbs, so twist it and HANG ON!
      Interesting that the two-year 1000J went back to the porkchop design flywheels - almost 5lbs lighter, and had larger valves.
      The carb boots were originally holding 34mm CV carbs, so with the 36 RS, it should only be a 1mm (0.040") increase in the radius. Got the right J-model replacement boots? OEM Ref#16065-1135. https://oldbikebarn.com/products/kaw...arb-holder-set
      Last edited by TriNortchopz; 05-09-2019, 6:46 AM.
      If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• digginout
        • Apr 2019

Did the carbs today. Real nasty. Look new now though. Rear fender came too
        Last edited by digginout; 05-08-2019, 4:19 PM.

Comment

• digginout
          • Apr 2019

Strung out the harness goofing off. Man someone went to town with wire cutters. I'm searching around for a simplified harness schematic. Found a few but not my specific bike. I'm not running much. Head light high low, tail/brake, engine and a 12 volt lighter port. Any suggestions to look for a schematic? Thanks yall

Comment

• TriNortchopz
            • Dec 2017

This article has a simple one:
            Simple Motorcycle Wiring Diagram for Choppers and Cafe Racers

What ya got for ignition?
            If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• hillcat
              • Mar 2015

We love reading your words.
              To hell with pics.

Comment

• digginout
                • Apr 2019

Hahaha something was up last night. I tried three times and nothing would upload. I'll try again shortly got a lot more from today. Engine is in, fender is on, front mount is done and I'm working on the tail light and rear fender struts. Thanks for reading and feel free to use your imagination and crayons to draw a picture of what you think it looks like. Napkins are fine or single squares of toilet paper

Comment

• digginout
                  • Apr 2019

Ok what exactly am I doing wrong posting pictures that I didn't do in the original post? It will not upload any pictures at all. Heps me
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Tattooo
                    • Sep 2012

^^^ I can see a pic....^^^^^^ Nice looking start.....

Comment

• digginout
                      • Apr 2019

Great, now if I only knew exactly why it worked I could duplicate it.... Thanks I'm really putting some hours in. Just finished for the day. Rear fender is done , tail light and tag bracket it done, wiring harness is unfucked and labeled except I need switches for the head/tail light controls. Only have a few progress pictures for today. I'll see if they'll uploadClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190509_151947_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	302.9 KB
ID:	1310412Click image for larger version

ID:	1310412Click image for larger version

ID:	1310412

Comment

• digginout
                        • Apr 2019

Lol, this is hilarious. I think it's my phone causing it. Tried this time, locked my phone and posted three identical sideways pics.... Oh well. That's a really early fender mock up. Thanks for looking. Jake

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                          • Dec 2017

You said you welded on that hardtail 7 years ago - looking at the side view in post #23; have you considered a chunk of tube at the lower rear original frame section to tie into the hardtail section? Could continue that line down to the lower rail, then stick in a gusset plate - could be a mounting point there for brake lever pivot or something too.

Comment

• digginout
                            • Apr 2019

The frame "point" is capped. There's gussets for the bottom frame/hard tail in my parts box. At the upper intersection the seat leaf spring/ rear tank mount/ gusset area will be a unit. Im not trying to make it a focal point but I'll add some balling ass speed holes in em for the added horse power lol

Comment

• Luky
                              • May 2018

Originally posted by digginout
                              Lol, this is hilarious. I think it's my phone causing it. Tried this time, locked my phone and posted three identical sideways pics.... Oh well. That's a really early fender mock up. Thanks for looking. Jake
                              You are not the only one having trouble with photo orientation on a cell phone.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Turned-upright.jpg
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1310473

Photo turned upright in photoshop.
                              Last edited by Luky; 05-13-2019, 9:35 AM.

Comment

• digginout
                                • Apr 2019

Still having trouble with pictures. I'll keep trying. Seat is done. Leaf spring worked out trick as shit. Comfortable to boot. Went through a couple of ideas for a faux oil tank to hide the battery and electrical in. The. Scrounging around I found a linked 20mm ammo case. Worked out awesome too. Tomorrow I'm gonna mount the battery and route the harness. I'm gonna completely assemble the bike and test ride then tear it down for prep and paint. I really like the patina of gas tank but it'll be nearly impossible to make the fender match... More tomorrow, thanks for reading

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;