CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

We love reading your words.
    To hell with pics.

Hahaha something was up last night. I tried three times and nothing would upload. I'll try again shortly got a lot more from today. Engine is in, fender is on, front mount is done and I'm working on the tail light and rear fender struts. Thanks for reading and feel free to use your imagination and crayons to draw a picture of what you think it looks like. Napkins are fine or single squares of toilet paper

Ok what exactly am I doing wrong posting pictures that I didn't do in the original post? It will not upload any pictures at all. Heps me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190509_144719_01.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

^^^ I can see a pic....^^^^^^ Nice looking start.....

Great, now if I only knew exactly why it worked I could duplicate it.... Thanks I'm really putting some hours in. Just finished for the day. Rear fender is done , tail light and tag bracket it done, wiring harness is unfucked and labeled except I need switches for the head/tail light controls. Only have a few progress pictures for today. I'll see if they'll uploadClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190509_151947_01.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	302.9 KB 
ID:	93695Click image for larger version. 

ID:	93695Click image for larger version. 

ID:	93695

Lol, this is hilarious. I think it's my phone causing it. Tried this time, locked my phone and posted three identical sideways pics.... Oh well. That's a really early fender mock up. Thanks for looking. Jake

Get Adobe Flash player

You said you welded on that hardtail 7 years ago - looking at the side view in post #23; have you considered a chunk of tube at the lower rear original frame section to tie into the hardtail section? Could continue that line down to the lower rail, then stick in a gusset plate - could be a mounting point there for brake lever pivot or something too.

The frame "point" is capped. There's gussets for the bottom frame/hard tail in my parts box. At the upper intersection the seat leaf spring/ rear tank mount/ gusset area will be a unit. Im not trying to make it a focal point but I'll add some balling ass speed holes in em for the added horse power lol

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by digginout View Post
    Lol, this is hilarious. I think it's my phone causing it. Tried this time, locked my phone and posted three identical sideways pics.... Oh well. That's a really early fender mock up. Thanks for looking. Jake
    You are not the only one having trouble with photo orientation on a cell phone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Turned-upright.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	93766

Photo turned upright in photoshop.
    Last edited by Luky; 05-13-2019 at 9:35 AM.

Still having trouble with pictures. I'll keep trying. Seat is done. Leaf spring worked out trick as shit. Comfortable to boot. Went through a couple of ideas for a faux oil tank to hide the battery and electrical in. The. Scrounging around I found a linked 20mm ammo case. Worked out awesome too. Tomorrow I'm gonna mount the battery and route the harness. I'm gonna completely assemble the bike and test ride then tear it down for prep and paint. I really like the patina of gas tank but it'll be nearly impossible to make the fender match... More tomorrow, thanks for reading

Get Adobe Flash player

That's a Cycle One hardtail, quality stuff.

Maybe, I haven't found a receipt for it yet. I know it looks good

Man that was a loooooong day. 20.5 hours. My fucking feet hurt something fierce. I'm still having trouble with pics guys sorry. This morning I did the electric box. Everything including the battery fits in a sardine can style 20mm linked ammo box under the seat. When you undo the latch it will hang itself against the frame and box or drop completely out. Seemed like a good idea. Picked up a set of old school goldwing bars and controls. disassembled the switches and cleaned contacts etc. They are mini ape-ish and have cool patina and the price was right. Free lol. I liked the kz gauges so I retained them. Mounted them at an angle on top of the triple clamp through the holes that originally mounted the odometer and plastic ignition console. I kept the kz headlight too, or at least the one that came with my bike. I broke some simple 3/16 alu for mounts. From the rear tank mount forward the wires are as hidden and unobtrusive as possible. Tomorrow morning I'll finish from the tank mount back wiring. That involves penetrating the electrical box a couple of times. That's kind of a pickle to hide the wires there because it's all open... I'll figure something out. I should be in to function testing tomorrow, might even fire her up for the first time in seven years. We will see. Anyway good night or good morning or whatever.... Jake

Get Adobe Flash player

Jake, I will presume to speak for all of us when I say post pics.
    We don't care if they are sideways & multiples. That's OK.
    There is interest in your project but not if it's just your description.
    Do not take offense to this request and just do it.
    Thanks from the peanut gallery.

No offense at all taken Hillcat. My problem is it will not upload the pictures. The three sideways pictures where a fluke. I've tried and tried and will keep trying. Thanks for the interest! Jake

Name:	received_399040747356184.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	93756Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_1420804208061794.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	93757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_426222214884413.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	93758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_426222214884413.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	93758

Have no idea why but it worked instantly this morning. I won't question it. I'll take some more when I get back to the shop. Thanks guys, Jake

Get Adobe Flash player

I like the gas tank. What is it?

1982 kz, I thought it looked great and decided to keep it. I really like the patina of the paint but I haven't figured out how to match it for the fender. I really dont want to repaint it

Name:	MVIMG_20190514_035924.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	298.2 KB 
ID:	93913 she fired up today. Sounds mean and rev's very very quickly

Get Adobe Flash player

Great stuff, them big Zs got their own growl...askin' a lot, but can ya post a video?

Share This