Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Revelator
    • Aug 2009

the Vintage motocross thread

I remember one summer day, ('78 or '79) I was at the Saddleback track in Orange county, and we seen Rocket Rex Staten in the pits with His Harley MX250, It was super rare
    to see a Harley MX'r at any so cal track, so When the 250 pros came on line we hiked up
    webco hill and waited for the gate to drop & to watch rocket Rex brapping that shiny orange
    Harley on the adobe hills of Saddleback. Well, Rex got the holeshot, & the bike looked fast, but
    eventually Rex lost the lead & I think He got 3rd or 4th. I remember the HD MX250's were not
    noted for their suspension, and Saddleback was not a forgiving track.

The highlight of the day was when Rex swung wide to the outside berm, sporting a menacing
    look on His face. And sent a huge roost of dirt & rocks at Us, We were super pissed, but then
    laughed after the pain subsided from the adobe rocks. lol
    We know He did it on purpose because He took the inside (faster) lane on every other lap!
    But we got a good look at that orange Harley!

Here is a really clean one.....................& check out that kewl Jersey!

• Revelator
    • Aug 2009

Click image for larger version

Name:	harley mx team truck.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	1310148

Comment

• Revelator
      • Aug 2009

Rocket rex staten team harley

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93349[/ATTACH]

Comment

• hillcat
        • Mar 2015

I love the old MX. I haven't seen many but years ago we made the trek over to Unadilla (NY) for a National.
        We watched an aging Jeff Ward, a young Ricky Johnson and Jeff Stanton in his prime battle it out in some farmers fields which got rutted deep so it was a mudslinger.
        RJ kicked ass that day.

Not MX but when I was 18 or so I saw Gary Nixon, Gene Romero, Bugsy Mann and a snot nosed Kenny Roberts at Laconia (NH) road racing.
        KR kicked ass that day.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;