X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DoomBuggy
    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Hoghead
    ^^ Woohoo! Bitch slap!

And just so you don't add flippant limeys to your list, gotta admit this whole medicine thing is 99% good. Weird-ass religious beliefs shouldn't allow kids to suffer.

What pissed me off today? People who say, 'you didn't ride in today cos it's raining?'
    HH, You get a pass, any people who can eat black pudding and scotch eggs are probably tougher then any of the bugs we get here in the ol' USofA, lol.

Comment

• Hoghead
      • Jun 2015

oh yes...local store sells the Fireball Scotch egg- the fried coating include chilli flakes! Breakfast of Champions (and also of those unpopular with their colleagues )

Comment

• MOTher
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
        I don't understand the license thing, that just does not make sense.
        Like it or not, the undocumented are here. And like it or not, they're going to drive. It would be difficult to prevent it. But if you make them get driver's licences, you'll at least know that they passed the test. Also, I don't know how it is in New York, but some states are pretty strict about having insurance. Michigan, for instance, requires you to show proof of insurance to register a car or renew your registration or driver's licence, and every time you get stopped. I'd rather share the road with people who have passed the test and are more likely to have insurance. As for voting, most states have some mechanism in place to prevent non-citizens from voting. If it were happening in large numbers, people would be getting caught.

And, just as an aside. Only citizens are allowed to vote in Federal elections. There are a few jurisdictions in Maryland where non-citizens are allowed to vote in local elections. And starting in 2020 non-citizens, including undocumented, who have children enrolled in San Francisco public schools will be allowed to vote for school board members.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
          • Oct 2016

Good points MOTher had not considered insurance!

Comment

• 47str8leg
            • Sep 2014

Do you have any idea how many immunizations the give wants you to allow them to give a child before they are school age ?
            I believe it is somewhere around 25-27 if I remember correctly from my own children.
            That's an awful lot of chemical bombardment to a young child's system . Still think there is no chance of their tiny brains being altered by that ?
            Don't buy it for a second .
            We got them some, but not all. Especially when they group 3 together at the same time. I wonder if the Obama administration made sure all those 15,000 illegals John Kerry bought up from south of the boarder and distributed throughout the U.S.and forced our schools to take them , provide translaters for them , free of charge on the local schoo districts , checked all their medical backgrounds and made sure they had all those children's immunizations up to date with what they were missing before they could attend.
            Nah, N.Y's sudden measles outbreak in the schools couldn't possibly be for that reason.

Religious beliefs aside , that's a nasty dangerous precedent that NYS just set. Wonder what else they can force down our throats against a parents will ?
            Last edited by 47str8leg; 06-18-2019, 2:52 PM.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
              • Oct 2016

Here is the immunization chart from the CDC, which of these diseases would you be OK with your child getting?

Comment

• 47str8leg
                • Sep 2014

Do you have children ?

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                  • Oct 2016

4 grown children and one grandchild, my youngest daughter is a board certified Occupational Therapist and my SIL is a general practice and emergency care MD.

This is one area where I believe the internet has done great damage by propagating unfounded rumors at a global scale. When I was young they called women who did this gossipers, however the range of their damage was usually within the community they lived in. But now any idiot can get on line and call themselves an expert. Unfortunately much of humanity tends to listen to the loudest and most charismatic voice they hear.

Science is not infallible, but those who practice it, particularly those who dedicate their lives to curing childhood diseases, are trying to make life better and less risky. And those so called antivaxer experts tend to be at the fringe of medicine, that is when they are actually even accredited.

Look when you get to 80-90% of the profession saying this is a good thing, how can you trust your children's well being to some hack who is bucking the, observed and recorded prevailing science. This is not like psychology where so little is known, this is basic biology where we humans actually do know quite a bit.

Comment

• 47str8leg
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by MOTher
                    Like it or not, the undocumented are here. And like it or not, they're going to drive. It would be difficult to prevent it. But if you make them get driver's licences, you'll at least know that they passed the test. Also, I don't know how it is in New York, but some states are pretty strict about having insurance. Michigan, for instance, requires you to show proof of insurance to register a car or renew your registration or driver's licence, and every time you get stopped. I'd rather share the road with people who have passed the test and are more likely to have insurance. As for voting, most states have some mechanism in place to prevent non-citizens from voting. If it were happening in large numbers, people would be getting caught.

And, just as an aside. Only citizens are allowed to vote in Federal elections. There are a few jurisdictions in Maryland where non-citizens are allowed to vote in local elections. And starting in 2020 non-citizens, including undocumented, who have children enrolled in San Francisco public schools will be allowed to vote for school board members.
                    Here's a wake up call straight from the horses mouth.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• MOTher
                      • Sep 2012

47str8leg, given the circumstances, undocumented already here and driving, what solution would you offer? Here's one: It was part of a bill passed by the House and blocked in the Senate, HB1 I think. Make it so when a citizen turns 18, they automatically become a registered voter. If they don't want to be, they have to opt out. Here's my add on. Make it that way for life. Social Security would notify the board of elections when a registered voter dies. Law enforcement would notify if a registered voter became disenfranchised. New citizens automatically become registered voters with their citizenship. This kinda makes things like motor-voter registrations unnecessary, and makes it harder for non citizens to get registered.

Comment

• oscarmeyer
                        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
                        Good points MOTher had not considered insurance!
                        Nope will get absolute minimum 10-20 monthly insurance pay the first month that’s it, and even if they continue payin up if you get tagged by an invader 10-20 just covers ambulance ride, in NY make sure you have under insured waver on your policy

Comment

• klondikekid64
                          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by MOTher

Having a drivers licence also puts a name and face and address for easier round up and deportations of non citizens.

Comment

• ac72rat
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by klondikekid64
                            Having a drivers licence also puts a name and face and address for easier round up and deportations of non citizens.
                            Address ?everyone lives at the same address we are so fucked admit it

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;