Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cisco
    • Aug 2012

5G technology

This stuff will be all over pretty soon. They need to install the devices very close to us due to the short range of it. No government research has been done on effects. Gov't is trusting the seller and the seller is clearly stating in its literature/sales shit it is a form of pollution yet is also claiming no liability for any negative effects.
    $ is the goal of the telecom industry and here's some scientific perspectives on it from a guy trying to get a local government to be cautious.
    Facts and science on 5G at https://ehtrust.org/key-issues/cell-phoneswireless/5g-internet-everything/20-quick-facts-what-you-need-to-know-about-5g-wireless-a...
  • Revelator
    • Aug 2009

From what I have read (for over a year now) The 5G apparatus is a totally different
    beast than It's predecessors.
    If unleashed across this land, I would guess that We would start to
    see massive die offs of life forms, especially insects which are already
    disappearing fast, Birds as well, larger animals & humans will take a bit
    longer, A likely scenario would be a huge increase in cancer rates like
    never seen before. The frequencies used are essentially the same as those
    used in military microwave weaponry. Some city governments are trying to block
    It's implementation, but It looks like most are all on board. It has the potential to
    be a nightmare.

Comment

• Dragstews
      • Sep 2010

What is 5G?

5G networks are the next generation of mobile internet connectivity, offering faster speeds and more reliable connections on smartphones and other devices than ever before.

Combining cutting-edge network technology and the very latest research, 5G should offer connections that are multitudes faster than current connections, with average download speeds of around 1GBps expected to soon be the norm.

The networks will help power a huge rise in Internet of Things technology, providing the infrastructure needed to carry huge amounts of data, allowing for a smarter and more connected world.

With development well underway and testbeds already live across the world, 5G networks are expected to launch across the world by 2020, working alongside existing 3G and 4G technology to provide speedier connections that stay online no matter where you are.
      Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• cisco
        • Aug 2012

Dragstews that stuff is all the 'positive' sales pitch angle. You don't think there's any possibility that the wavelength frequency shit might cause any kind of harm to people or critters? Seems research is very lacking, but some in the know say it's not worth it since its in the 'harmful' range of microwaves that the atmosphere normally blocks out. Now it will be made here below the shield. Like I say, unless you live in Brussels, Israel or Florida you won't be able to avoid it. These places don't want it at least for now. And these places are where the rich and powerful like buddy Trump lives.

Comment

• Dragstews
          • Sep 2010

Most likely there will be ill side effects, and the Government will do their best to cover-up in order for advancement in technology....

I do have a wonder on how it will play out... ??
          Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Fetch
            • Sep 2017

I often wonder if/what the correlation is between wireless transmission and things like MS and Autism. In the Northeast there was a rapid rise in diagnosis of both. Authorities say it is due to better diagnosis procedures....I kinda doubt that's the only reason.

Comment

• rockman96
              • May 2018

For the time being, I’m more concerned with driverless cars. Those things scare the crap out of me. And people with 4G behind the wheel.

Comment

• KevinN
                • May 2014

I'm still dealing with morons that text and drive.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                  • Oct 2016

I am sure it is totally coincidental, but one of my staff had a wireless ear piece jammed into his ear non-stop. He was an early adopter and always had it on.

Two years ago we buried him after a short but brutal bout of brain cancer.

None of my kids were allowed to have them, and even at work I use a "tethered" headset rather than a wireless unit.

I am not totally paranoid, but as was said, part of what led to life on this planet was the magnetic shield that protects us from natural radiation.

Glad I am heading for the mountains. If I am lucky I will be dead before they deploy it anywhere near me!

The world needs to unplug anyhow!

Comment

• cisco
                    • Aug 2012

Many people incl me really don't know what this 5G thing is. Here is a link to a good explanation of it and possible concerns from scientists around the world.

However, instead of prudent public health measures to ensure the public’s safety, governments such as the United States are quickly rolling out 5G networks in neighborhoods and are enacting various state and federal regulations to “streamline” and fasttrack the rollout. These regulations will end the ability of communities to halt and be a part of

Comment

• Revelator
                      • Aug 2009

the pulsed frequencies that They want to use for the 5G lunatic fringe grid,
                      will make allot of money for the cancer industry, & pharmaceutical cartel.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                        • Oct 2016

I think it is only right that the first place they install it is on Capitol Hill.

Comment

• Luky
                          • May 2018

Originally posted by Dragstews
                          What is 5G?

5G networks are the next generation of mobile internet connectivity, offering faster speeds and more reliable connections on smartphones and other devices than ever before.

Combining cutting-edge network technology and the very latest research, 5G should offer connections that are multitudes faster than current connections, with average download speeds of around 1GBps expected to soon be the norm.

The networks will help power a huge rise in Internet of Things technology, providing the infrastructure needed to carry huge amounts of data, allowing for a smarter and more connected world.

With development well underway and testbeds already live across the world, 5G networks are expected to launch across the world by 2020, working alongside existing 3G and 4G technology to provide speedier connections that stay online no matter where you are.
                          The internet needs to be safer, not faster.

Comment

• farmall
                            • Apr 2013

The internet isn't physically "dangerous" (empirical peer-reviewed scientific proof to the contrary welcome!) and it does indeed need to be faster to speed business communications. Big data needs big pipes. To consumers the internet is mostly a toy but there's far more to it than that including distributed computing. The internet is vital to global prosperity.

One great reason to improve wireless transmission speed is to bypass hopelessly slow cable landlines which carriers have zero incentive to upgrade due to their captive audience (and their buttboi now running the FCC). For example I frequently have to use my phone as a hotspot when the poorly maintained Spectrum infrastructure shits the bed. No big deal for me but a large deal for businesses because it's hard to do e-commerce without connectivity.

Humans love to fear the exotic and ignore what's LIKELY to kill them. How many of you who worry about 5G and other tech that's effectively magic to most of you also check your cholesterol and control your diets to avoid having a stroke or heart attack? How many of you smoke, drink to excess etc? How many who fear EMR from comms check their homes for naturally occurring radon?

Low-speed white folk mortality is rising, so make wise adult choices required not to be low-speed.

Have some science:

Smoking is the leading cause of preventable death.

Worldwide, tobacco use causes more than 7 million deaths per year.2 If the pattern of smoking all over the globe doesn’t change, more than 8 million people a year will die from diseases related to tobacco use by 2030.3
                            Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day.1
                            On average, smokers die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers.4
                            If smoking continues at the current rate among U.S. youth, 5.6 million of today’s Americans younger than 18 years of age are expected to die prematurely from a smoking-related illness. This represents about one in every 13 Americans aged 17 years or younger who are alive today.1
                            https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...l-fear/382080/ is worth a read.

Technophobia is common. Absurd IMO for mechanics etc who should be totally comfortable learning any technology. The bikes we ride are very sophisticated end products of our modern industrial society, including old ones.

Of course confusing scary clickbait with science is difficult for many:
                            An article published last week likens wireless telephone companies to tobacco and fossil fuel episodes in denying the science of cell phone radiation and health. To produce this narrative, it relies on unreliable sources and cherry picks the science.

There's a solution for the seriously scared. It's quite practical to build a house from shipping containers and live in that Faraday cage with all appliances and power lines (EMR is everywhere!) in a separate container next door. Andrew Camaratta made a magnificent example on Youtube for different reasons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFybIy8JEKM&t=46s
                            Last edited by farmall; 05-09-2019, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• dreammoods
                              • Jun 2019

That's great a modern world has new big data technologies to get real-time solutions.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;