CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

I keep my pant legs tight to my boots. Only riding to work with tennis shoes do I get a tug on my pant leg every now and then. I let my son ride my bike to work the other day and when it came home I noticed right away my belt was narrower. I ask him WTH happened, he didn't know but said he did get his pant leg in there. His baggy pant leg did the full circle with the pulley and when it did lifted the belt up and on the front cover and it sliced off a good 1/2". He now knows not a good idea to ride open belts with baggy britches.

Get Adobe Flash player

rode up my gravel driveway fishtailing running a 2 inch open belt. Pulled up in front of my friends and caught my pants leg in the belt and stalled the engine. I couldn't put my foot down and fell over sideways in slow motion. DOH! We had a guy we rode with that ran a open chain primary. He reached for the kickstand one night and lost 3 fingers.

thebcb

A 1/2" wide chunk of my boss' 3" came apart at about 5000+ rpm while we were fucking around on the highway. Weird to watch someone trying to get away from half of their motorcycle at high speed. Did quite the number to the back of his leg. Black and blue train track shaped marks for weeks...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1902059_855793934447406_7150387463489073180_n.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	63634

Get Adobe Flash player

My cock was hanging out the bottom of my jeans dangling in the summer breeze when, all of a sudden it got burned off the side of my belt. THAT was close...hate it when it falls outta my socks like that. Gonna have to start folding it up and bungee-ing it to my leg from now on.

Get Adobe Flash player

In all seriousness though I came close one time when I reached for my ignition key thinking I was on my other bike and felt the belt scrape the top of my knuckles. Learned a valuable lesson that day. Always mount your key away from that side of the bike. My two bikes have the ignition key mounted off the kicker cover , big twins of course.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by 47str8leg View Post
    My cock was hanging out the bottom of my jeans dangling in the summer breeze when, all of a sudden it got burned off the side of my belt. THAT was close...hate it when it falls outta my socks like that. Gonna have to start folding it up and bungee-ing it to my leg from now on.
    HAhhhahHAhaHAhaHAhahAhahhaaahHAahhaa fuck ya

I've run two bikes, each with 1.5" open belts. Maybe its 'cause the belt is narrow, (and I dont wear bell bottoms), but I've never had anything caught in one. And I sure as hell keep my dick beaters away from it while its running. Man, I would sure hate to get some road trash caught in it

Get Adobe Flash player

Narrow-ish belts and a foot clutch.
    You never have/want to put yer left foot on the ground.
    Forward controls are no-go.
    Having a front brake helps too.
    And I let it hang down the right pant leg

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by horshak View Post
    We had a guy we rode with that ran a open chain primary. He reached for the kickstand one night and lost 3 fingers.
    I knew a dude who did the same thing. Reached down for the kickstand belt bit off 3 of his fingers. This guy picked up the fingers put them in his pocket and rode to the hospital....fingers were way to chewed up and unfortunately for him, they couldn't put them back on.

Shit, I've never had my pants caught while going down the road. Usually, it's when I'm backing the bike up, my jeans might slightly catch. So I always move the bike when the engine shut off. However, that being said...I have a story, and some graphic pics. Lol.

I've had a stock FXB belt on my bike for years, but I recently had a wild hair and made it an open primary. Shit looked badass. I just put it in gear and started moving from a stop light. I looked down, and saw that my jeans rode up a little bit on my boot and my boot cuff was sticking out. So, not thinking, I reached down without looking and tried to adjust. Well, guess what I caught...lol. It was a quick rip and a thump, and I was immediately thinking, "oh fuck, you stupid fucking moron." I quickly pulled over at a gas station to look at the damage. Somehow my left ring finger got caught in the front pulley. I think (luckily) it only went around the pulley once before it spit it out. It still amazes me how my damn finger fit in like a 1/16" gap between the belt and the pulley guard, lol. So I look down, and see a ton of blood, and then go, shit, is that my fingerbone? Fuck me. And yes, it was a bit sore. I'm fairly pissed at my own stupidity, so I grab some handtowels from the gas pumps and then get back on the bike and head out to the er. The doc was really cool though. He cleaned it up, but quite a few stitches in it, and it looks pretty fucking normal now. Well, mostly. It looked like hanburger. It mashed the piss outta it, and splintered the bone tip. It happend two years ago, and there is still a numb spot on the tip. Now, I know for a fact, that there is ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING REASON WHATSOEVER for me to remove my left hand from the bar and reach down while the bike is in motion. Nope nope. Lol. I did promise, so here are some gory pics...

The first two are at the hospital, and I snagged some with my cellphone when the nurse walked off.

Name:	0828032130.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	63765

Name:	0828032131.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	63766

Next one was after stiches, and I had a cool bandage...pfft.

Name:	SAM_0923.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	63767

The rest are a day or two later, when I had to take the wrap off and clean it. Hamburger I tell you!

Name:	SAM_0924.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	199.3 KB 
ID:	63768

Name:	SAM_0925.jpg 
Size:	161.7 KB 
ID:	63769

Name:	SAM_0926.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	63770

Name:	SAM_0927.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	163.6 KB 
ID:	63771

Name:	SAM_0928.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	63772

Name:	SAM_0929.jpg 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	63773

Name:	SAM_0932.jpg 
Size:	158.0 KB 
ID:	63774

That's it for the pics.

I also wasn't thinking about it til a co-worker asked me a few days later. She was like, is that blood all over your bike? Heh.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by ashaliel View Post
    Shit, I've never had my pants caught while going down the road. Usually, it's when I'm backing the bike up, my jeans might slightly catch. So I always move the bike when the engine shut off. However, that being said...I have a story, and some graphic pics. Lol.

I've had a stock FXB belt on my bike for years, but I recently had a wild hair and made it an open primary. Shit looked badass. I just put it in gear and started moving from a stop light. I looked down, and saw that my jeans rode up a little bit on my boot and my boot cuff was sticking out. So, not thinking, I reached down without looking and tried to adjust. Well, guess what I caught...lol. It was a quick rip and a thump, and I was immediately thinking, "oh fuck, you stupid fucking moron." I quickly pulled over at a gas station to look at the damage. Somehow my left ring finger got caught in the front pulley. I think (luckily) it only went around the pulley once before it spit it out. It still amazes me how my damn finger fit in like a 1/16" gap between the belt and the pulley guard, lol. So I look down, and see a ton of blood, and then go, shit, is that my fingerbone? Fuck me. And yes, it was a bit sore. I'm fairly pissed at my own stupidity, so I grab some handtowels from the gas pumps and then get back on the bike and head out to the er. The doc was really cool though. He cleaned it up, but quite a few stitches in it, and it looks pretty fucking normal now. Well, mostly. It looked like hanburger. It mashed the piss outta it, and splintered the bone tip. It happend two years ago, and there is still a numb spot on the tip. Now, I know for a fact, that there is ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING REASON WHATSOEVER for me to remove my left hand from the bar and reach down while the bike is in motion. Nope nope. Lol. I did promise, so here are some gory pics...

The first two are at the hospital, and I snagged some with my cellphone when the nurse walked off.

Name:	0828032130.jpg 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	63765

Name:	0828032131.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	63766

Next one was after stiches, and I had a cool bandage...pfft.

Name:	SAM_0923.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	63767

The rest are a day or two later, when I had to take the wrap off and clean it. Hamburger I tell you!

Name:	SAM_0924.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	199.3 KB 
ID:	63768

Name:	SAM_0925.jpg 
Size:	161.7 KB 
ID:	63769

Name:	Funny-memes-cool-story-bro[1].jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	63788

Get Adobe Flash player

I've snagged a few panty legs that were loose, but nothing more. Now I'm more selective in the jeans I buy.

Any real reason to run a 3" setup other than looks . I was thinking about changing mine to a 1 1/2 .

Unless you are running high HP, like way over 100, 3" belts are serious overkill.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyG View Post
    have any of you seen the old ad for the horse with the old guy in sweat pants that are ripped to shit standing by i wanna say a green bike and part of his pants are waded up in the primary haha clasic
    That wasn't me, but had a similar incident. Got my 53 running and was not used to my first open primary. I was starting it up to check a couple things ( I was wearing loose fitting sweat pants) I straddled the bike and my left pant leg got caught in the belt. Tore my sweat pants in half, wadded the left side in the belt so tight it stopped the motor. I was alone in the garage with the door open and had to scream for my wife to come help me. Pretty sure no one but my wife saw that. Embarrassed? yup and my leg was black and blue for a couple months.

Get Adobe Flash player

Primo Brute IV (3") on Softail with OEM footboards and shifter. Trimmed primary cover for footboard rear bracket clearance, this setup hasn't tried to eat my foot or pant leg.

Yep, there allot of cages, guards, and modded outer primaries out there that protect, but most take the cool factor look out. Lets face it Open belts just look cool. Myself, a 1.5 with a chrome belt guard that runs over the belt an pullies does the trick, along with some common sense: I beleive it is the cleanest look, that offers some small protection.

Look, if you stick something in a belt drive, it will get eaten, PERIOD: Loose pants, shoestrings (Really, you're riding a MC with shoes that have strings?), rocks, fingers, little kids, your dog..........You get the point. The guys with 3 inch belt drives, if you are running 1/4 miles on nitrous, maybe you need it. I get it though, the look of wide belts. They do look awesome: I just don't do it because of costs, they are little hard to stay out of the way of, and it isnt needed in my type of riding

The more closed a belt is, the more heat it has to live with, another factor: Heat and too tight/loose adjustments kill belts, as well as a 12 point buck getting sucked into it

Cool is cool, dangerous is dangerous, and many times these two factors cross on customs. Let's face it: And open belt is just asking for disaster. Its really just a matter of "when". Be we choose to run them because thats our choice. They run quieter, smoother and will destroy anything that gets caught in them

Last story for me: I knew a guy for decades that had a 55 pan and ran, yes, and open, bone stock, chain primary. He didn't even run the the inner primary. That fucking chain primary looked like a medevial torture machine just sitting there and not running, especially with that horror story looking compensating sprocket. And he lived on a seriously fucked up, long and dusty dirt road. He rode that thing everywhere, (had too, its all he had) in every condition, and it (at least his chain drive) never let him down. He just turned off the oiler, and there you had it. I dreaded the day if he ever dropped it and got a leg or foot jammed in it. But that day never came in the years that I knew him. You could see the rear of his pants leg, near the ankle, that would rub at times on the clutch hub nuts

Get Adobe Flash player

I just wear shorts usually so there's not a problem.

Share This