Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hardleyableson1996
    • Sep 2016

plz help needed sportster

hey guys, need some help with my new 2018 sportster, installed led turn signals in the front and led turn signal brake light combo in the rear and now i have engine codes:
    uo141
    uo142
    uo156
    b2141
    b2146
    b2151
    b2156
    b2274

what can I do to fix it
  • misfitJason
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by hardleyableson1996
    hey guys, need some help with my new 2018 sportster, installed led turn signals in the front and led turn signal brake light combo in the rear and now i have engine codes:
    uo141
    uo142
    uo156
    b2141
    b2146
    b2151
    b2156
    b2274

what can I do to fix it
    You have a can bus bike. That means it basically passes info through the wires and they are more sensitive than previous efi systems. You didn’t mention if you used plug in inserts for your LEDs or if you cut and spliced wires.

If you cut and spliced wires, you are not supposed to do that on a can bus system (kinda like fiber optic cable).

If you used plug in ones you need a modulator box. Buy one and plug it in. It will probably fix your problem.

Comment

• hardleyableson1996
      • Sep 2016

Originally posted by misfitJason
      You have a can bus bike. That means it basically passes info through the wires and they are more sensitive than previous efi systems. You didn’t mention if you used plug in inserts for your LEDs or if you cut and spliced wires.

If you cut and spliced wires, you are not supposed to do that on a can bus system (kinda like fiber optic cable).

If you used plug in ones you need a modulator box. Buy one and plug it in. It will probably fix your problem.
      crap i did cut and splice is there anything I can do?like add a load equalizer to each one

Comment

• hardleyableson1996
        • Sep 2016

i Just looked it up, they sell load equalizers for the canbus bikes, If it works will the lights go off or do I need to reset the codes

Comment

• misfitJason
          • Sep 2009

They might go off with one of those load equalizers (that's the term I was thinking off). In the future don't cut the wires. De-pin them or solder a good connection. Here is some more info for future thought

Dyna Glide Models - CANBUS front turn sig swap, anyone do it yet? - Looking to help a friend swap out his turn sigs on his 2014 Fat Bob, looking do direction and options.

Comment

• IowaChop
            • Nov 2015

The first thing you should do is look up the codes and see what you are dealing with.

Comment

• misfitJason
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by IowaChop
              The first thing you should do is look up the codes and see what you are dealing with.

Save yourself the time. They are all a direct result from the splices in the wires and from the fact that the LEDs show low voltage making your ecm think the bulbs are out or your wire is disconnected

Here is a link to the ecm codes
              DISCLAIMER: this information is for reference only. Fuel Moto does not offer technical support for diagnostic trouble codes. The following procedure will instruct in retrieving and clearing ECM Diagnostic Trouble Codes and TSM/TSSM codes through the
              Last edited by misfitJason; 04-11-2019, 7:09 PM.

Comment

• hardleyableson1996
                • Sep 2016

Yeah all the codes came back to the turn signals circuits being open or relating to the turn signals,I think the equalizers made for the canbus will fix it we'll see in 3 days

Comment

• hardleyableson1996
                  • Sep 2016

Save yourself the time. They are all a direct result from the splices in the wires and from the fact that the LEDs show low voltage making your ecm think the bulbs are out or your wire is disconnected

Here is a link to the ecm codes
                  https://www.fuelmotousa.com/p-29661-...Cmodel%3DSCOUT
                  You think I can risk riding it for 2 days while I wait for those equalizers?

Comment

• misfitJason
                    • Sep 2009

You’ll be fine

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;