CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

To me these are all new names:

Cafe bike.
    Rat Bike.
    Brat Bike.
    Bobber.
    Steam Punk style.
    Bonneville style bike.
    drag bike.
    Tracker bike.

Get Adobe Flash player

THESE are real cafe racers. https://www.rideapart.com/articles/2...e-early-years/

Rat bike was/is generally any cosmetically trashed motorcycle that's ridden (i.e. not a wreck) but there were a few, now many, who threw in extra shittiness as folk art like hanging stuffed rats off their garbage wagon. Fauxtina (faux patina) is popular because the bike supply is reduced to shit that's not worth restoring and posers (see also, "rat rods") are scraping up the last available junk. Fine with me, but not calling it what it is is bullshit.

Steampunk is using random styling elements from the past for form and not function. The artist is disconnected from knowledge of that era. Done right it can be interesting, but it's as silly or not as other folk art and if you like the original artifacts of that era you'll understand why artists divorce form from function since that function is obsolete.

Brat, see my previous post.

Bobber = ancestor of the chopper from when the mods were functional. Slowly transitioned to chopper when the folk art aspect took over in the 1960s. Term is now debased because of illiterates, but so is American "English".

Bonneville style apes simple LSR bikes.

Drag bike is a very old term for a drag racing motorcycle as drag car is for automobiles. Pick an era, image search pics.

Trackers imitate flat track race bikes, easy to do since most of the mods involve removing parts. Trackers are the most functional of all the above styles. The classic track look is the HD XR-750. Kept alive in walled garden race classes it's had a long, popular run.

The Evo Sporty dumped all the Ironhead deadweight and (except for lack of dual carbs) became a popular platform for "trackers". It's an unusual combo of functional modifications that improve on the original machines.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Bbqbiker View Post
    Oh my God the barbecue bikers light saber of truth has gouged a nerve hey mad river you’re in one of my pictures aren’t you??? That’s awesome dude I love gay people I have lots of gay customers they love me too we’re all people but Jesus the fucking hairdo & the Beard Oil and the queer ass bike come on
    Glad my photo could help you with your “release.” Nice to know I could be there for you even vicariously.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    THESE are real cafe racers. https://www.rideapart.com/articles/2...e-early-years/

Rat bike was/is generally any cosmetically trashed motorcycle that's ridden (i.e. not a wreck) but there were a few, now many, who threw in extra shittiness as folk art like hanging stuffed rats off their garbage wagon. Fauxtina (faux patina) is popular because the bike supply is reduced to shit that's not worth restoring and posers (see also, "rat rods") are scraping up the last available junk. Fine with me, but not calling it what it is is bullshit.

Steampunk is using random styling elements from the past for form and not function. The artist is disconnected from knowledge of that era. Done right it can be interesting, but it's as silly or not as other folk art and if you like the original artifacts of that era you'll understand why artists divorce form from function since that function is obsolete.

Brat, see my previous post.

Bobber = ancestor of the chopper from when the mods were functional. Slowly transitioned to chopper when the folk art aspect took over in the 1960s. Term is now debased because of illiterates, but so is American "English".

Bonneville style apes simple LSR bikes.

Drag bike is a very old term for a drag racing motorcycle as drag car is for automobiles. Pick an era, image search pics.

Trackers imitate flat track race bikes, easy to do since most of the mods involve removing parts. Trackers are the most functional of all the above styles. The classic track look is the HD XR-750. Kept alive in walled garden race classes it's had a long, popular run.

The Evo Sporty dumped all the Ironhead deadweight and (except for lack of dual carbs) became a popular platform for "trackers". It's an unusual combo of functional modifications that improve on the original machines.
    Na man ,a rat bike was usually the drunk mother fuckers bike that got beat on and fucked up and anything done to keep it on the road. Good people's and biker trash alike. No cash no fix. Fuck it was the tude, actually brings back memories when i lived in cambridge.
    Man we use to rat pack through boston getting fucked up..

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by MadRiverMoCo View Post
    Glad my photo could help you with your “release.” Nice to know I could be there for you even vicariously.
    Thanks Bruh.... I think I have you cross referenced into 2 of my google folders... "Man Buns" & "Beard Model Motorcycle"

What do I wear when I'm rumbling up Rt100 in VT, leather or flannel??? I already own leather as you know and not really that much of a flannel wearer...especially since all the SOA wannabe douchebags made designer flannel part of their outfits. Chicks and the gender fluid wear "outfits" I wear clothes. Is there a pub in Granville?? I've ridden through there many times and theres literally nothing but a convenience store and I assume houses set back 5 miles from the road.......where are we getting a nice IPA, a Stout, or at the risk of hyperextending my pinky a nice Saison????? I think we'd have a lot of laughs! Shit...I may drag Hillcat on the way....Davestune won't go his precious Knuckle is too good for anything off Cape hahahahah

Get Adobe Flash player

Na man ,a rat bike was usually the drunk mother fuckers bike that got beat on and fucked up and anything done to keep it on the road.
    I said that except for the drunk which must be a very local Boston area meaning because there are far more rat bikes nationally than alcoholics riding them and many sober riders beat the shit out of their rides.
    Rat bike was/is generally any cosmetically trashed motorcycle that's ridden (i.e. not a wreck)
    The folk art rat bike "style" of hanging garbage off the motorcycle until it looked like a rolling landfill was made famous by this guy a few decades ago. It was featured in Easyriders and the rest is history:

http://travelingringo.com/2011/12/th...lick-kentucky/

The meanings I listed reflect general US national usage when the terms originated.

Magazines from the pre-internet era are the historic record.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by shovel625 View Post
    i see hella bikes out of japan that are rigid, riding on the streets as people daily. what if the bike was built from the factory as a rigid?
    I don't know about that I was just referencing an article I read awhile back about the bratstyle being common in japan because of a suspension law but as is everywhere not everyone follows it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Bbqbiker View Post
    Thanks Bruh.... I think I have you cross referenced into 2 of my google folders... "Man Buns" & "Beard Model Motorcycle"

What do I wear when I'm rumbling up Rt100 in VT, leather or flannel??? I already own leather as you know and not really that much of a flannel wearer...especially since all the SOA wannabe douchebags made designer flannel part of their outfits. Chicks and the gender fluid wear "outfits" I wear clothes. Is there a pub in Granville?? I've ridden through there many times and theres literally nothing but a convenience store and I assume houses set back 5 miles from the road.......where are we getting a nice IPA, a Stout, or at the risk of hyperextending my pinky a nice Saison????? I think we'd have a lot of laughs! Shit...I may drag Hillcat on the way....Davestune won't go his precious Knuckle is too good for anything off Cape hahahahah
    Wait...

You don't live your life as a Rob Halford impersonator? Shit, that's disappointing. Look for the Big Red Barn in Lower Granville with the disturbingly ethnic name on the old mailbox. Always a cold one available.

Get Adobe Flash player

I said that except for the drunk which must be a very local Boston area meaning because there are far more rat bikes nationally than alcoholics riding them and many sober riders beat the shit out of their rides.

The folk art rat bike "style" of hanging garbage off the motorcycle until it looked like a rolling landfill was made famous by this guy a few decades ago. It was featured in Easyriders and the rest is history:

http://travelingringo.com/2011/12/th...lick-kentucky/

The meanings I listed reflect general US national usage when the terms originated.

Magazines from the pre-internet era are the historic record.
    its ok, hey your getting old let me hold your bikes for you

Quote Originally Posted by Luky View Post

Cafe bike.
    Rat Bike.
    Brat Bike.
    Bobber.
    Steam Punk style.
    Bonneville style bike.
    drag bike.
    Tracker bike.
    How is that possible? I know for sure that cafe and bobber style motorcycles both have a history behind them.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Luky View Post

Cafe bike.
    Rat Bike.
    drag bike.
    Bobber.

Brat Bike.
    Steam Punk style.
    Bonneville style bike.
    Tracker bike.
    Really where have you been for the last 40 years??????????? The ones in bold have been around for ever.....

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    Really where have you been for the last 40 years??????????? The ones in bold have been around for ever.....
    The Steampunk genre has been around for a long time too, but by "style" I assume it is referring to a theme bike(?). Same with 'Bonneville' and 'Tracker'... The only one I hadn't heard of before thus thread is the 'brat'. And after seeing the pics of the dudes that ride 'em, it's completely understandable why it's a new one on me.

Get Adobe Flash player

its ok, hey your getting old let me hold your bikes for you
    Last time I rubbed one out I shot dust, but that's neither here nor there and saves money sandblasting.

My machines are safely housed in a fine care facility which BBQ&F can duplicate to protect yours for a modest fee. Mine has space for six more at least so we could immediately protect your old machines. It's common for shysters to talk the elderly into signing away their titles so to protect yours, add BBQ as co-owner with right of survivorship! Then no one can forge, trick, or coerce your signature and run off with them.

Fear not, we got your back!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by rockman96 View Post
    The Steampunk genre has been around for a long time too, but by "style" I assume it is referring to a theme bike(?). Same with 'Bonneville' and 'Tracker'... The only one I hadn't heard of before thus thread is the 'brat'. And after seeing the pics of the dudes that ride 'em, it's completely understandable why it's a new one on me.
    The term "steampunk" was not coined until 1987 and any works to that time are considered precursors to the genre...

The other words with style is new.... A Bonneville bike has been around for ever...... I can't say I remember ever hearing a bike called a tracker....... Now a flat track or a board track bike.... Yes I've heard of them....

But WTF do I know, other people in other parts of the world call things different........
    Last edited by Tattooo; 03-22-2019 at 8:32 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

It's common for shysters to talk the elderly into signing away their titles so to protect yours, add BBQ as co-owner with right of survivorship! Then no one can forge, trick, or coerce your signature and run off with them.

Fear not, we got your back!
    That's right, come to papa...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3ZU0Si.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	92260

Get Adobe Flash player

The term "steampunk" was not coined until 1987
    More than thirty years. (wistful sigh) A long time indeed. I still had hair, could see my toes, and couldn't imagine my own mortality.

Perhaps the nice clown in the photo above will look after my motorcycle fleet. He looks trustworthy.

Get Adobe Flash player

+1 for the mile.

What a joke.

You're doing the lord's work, madriver.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by MadRiverMoCo View Post
    Wait...

You don't live your life as a Rob Halford impersonator? Shit, that's disappointing. Look for the Big Red Barn in Lower Granville with the disturbingly ethnic name on the old mailbox. Always a cold one available.
    Thanks Bruh!! What bike do you think goes best with my outfit? Knuckle, Pan, Shovel or Evo?

Get Adobe Flash player

Twinkie

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by
    More than thirty years. (wistful sigh) A long time indeed. I still had hair, could see my toes, and couldn't imagine my own mortality.

LOL Yep that was a long time ago...... But not that long in the scheme of things......

Share This