Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsEvette
    • Oct 2018

'74 AMEN Savior Build

My husband and I are children of the '70s. We both had older brothers that rode choppers and had friends that rode choppers. They listened to bands like Grand Funk Railroad, Steppenwolf, Iron Butterfly, well, you get the point. Needless to say, our older brothers left an impression on us.

About 3-1/2 years ago we came across a vintage AMEN Savior frame that we drug home. A few months ago we decided to start building it. We started looking for parts from (or that look like they came from) that era because we want to keep it as authentic-looking as we can.

The front end we found caused a needed modification with the neck (for more than one reason), the frame needed to be straightened, and there's be some other mods needed, but it's not like we had to start from scratch. I'm pretty happy with it so far, but we have a ways to go before we can make our first danger ride.

Here's what we have so far:

Click image for larger version

Name:	01_Amen_Savior_web.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	237.4 KB
ID:	1344563

Name:	02_Amen_Savior_web.jpg
Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	1344564

Name:	03_Amen_Savior_web.jpg
Size:	308.1 KB
ID:	1344565
  • DoomBuggy
    • Oct 2016

Really a nice start. Brings back a lot of memories! The girder looks perfect on that frame, just really balanced.

Comment

• Luky
      • May 2018

Originally posted by MsEvette
      My husband and I are children of the '70s. We both had older brothers that rode choppers and had friends that rode choppers. They listened to bands like Grand Funk Railroad, Steppenwolf, Iron Butterfly, well, you get the point. Needless to say, our older brothers left an impression on us.

About 3-1/2 years ago we came across a vintage AMEN Savior frame that we drug home. A few months ago we decided to start building it. We started looking for parts from (or that look like they came from) that era because we want to keep it as authentic-looking as we can.

The front end we found caused a needed modification with the neck (for more than one reason), the frame needed to be straightened, and there's be some other mods needed, but it's not like we had to start from scratch. I'm pretty happy with it so far, but we have a ways to go before we can make our first danger ride.

Here's what we have so far:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]92109[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]92110[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]92111[/ATTACH]
      Great story!
      I like what is going on with the frame on the build table! Hope it keeps going forward.
      The photo with the blue fender I hope is a past photo?

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Very nice looking.....

Any ideas on the colors your thinking about painting it????????

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

Looks good. Please continue the build thread!

Got a title or plan to title it? (This is a standard question here to help others avoid suffering.) If the neck mod solved that, too, bravo for thinking to do so.

Comment

• MsEvette
            • Oct 2018

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
            Really a nice start. Brings back a lot of memories! The girder looks perfect on that frame, just really balanced.
            Thanks. My husband put a lot of thought into modifying the neck for that 10" over girder. To get the trail in the safe range, he increased the rake from 34 degrees to 42 degrees; that put it at 4 inches.

Comment

• MsEvette
              • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Luky
              Great story!
              I like what is going on with the frame on the build table! Hope it keeps going forward.
              The photo with the blue fender I hope is a past photo?
              Thanks. Yes, the bottom photo is how it looks right now.

Comment

• MsEvette
                • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Tattooo
                Very nice looking.....

Any ideas on the colors your thinking about painting it????????
                Thanks. Although we're (mostly him ) building this bike for me, I told him to paint it however he wants, as long as it looks period correct. We have a couple years ('73-'75) worth of Custom Chopper magazines to get plenty of ideas from.

Comment

• MsEvette
                  • Oct 2018

Originally posted by farmall
                  Looks good. Please continue the build thread!

Got a title or plan to title it? (This is a standard question here to help others avoid suffering.) If the neck mod solved that, too, bravo for thinking to do so.
                  Thanks. Yeah, we have the title issue taken care of.

Comment

• RedHerring
                    • Feb 2018

Sweet build. Being as I own a CB750 I'm always looking for builds like this. I think these transverse 4s look awesome in a chopper and are super reliable. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                      • Dec 2017

Very nice. That rake with the long SB&F girder got it sittin' just right!
                      If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• MsEvette
                        • Oct 2018

Originally posted by RedHerring
                        Sweet build. Being as I own a CB750 I'm always looking for builds like this. I think these transverse 4s look awesome in a chopper and are super reliable. Thanks for sharing.
                        Thanks. I certainly agree with you!

Comment

• MsEvette
                          • Oct 2018

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
                          Very nice. That rake with the long SB&F girder got it sittin' just right!
                          Thanks. And thanks for all the investigative work you did to identify this girder. You're a valuable member of this forum!

Comment

• buildshit
                            • Feb 2018

The bike looks awesome, can't wait to see more photos as it comes along.

Comment

• MsEvette
                              • Oct 2018

Hey everybody, I apologize for being MIA. I know I don't need to tell you that life has been crazy. My husband put this project on the back burner for a few years but recently decided to get it safe enough for a "danger ride." So, I rode it for the first time over the Labor Day holiday this year. The main objective for the ride was to determine whether or not I wanted to own an old-school classic chopper. Well, I'm here to tell you, I LOVED IT!!! Although turning it around was a bit awkward, it was very comfortable. It's a keeper. Unfortunately, it's back on the back burner until we finish some other projects, but at least I know the path forward.

1974 Honda CB750 AMEN Savior Classic Chopper - MsEvette - ChopCult.com

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;