Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

"Dragstews/Tattoos and who ever custom tool thread"

As suggested for me to do a custom tool thread.... Here goes...

This wrench is awesome for torquing heads down..... If your so inclined to do so.....

It's only about 2" long total......
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tattooo; 03-10-2019, 6:06 PM.
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Here are a few of the odd bent and very useful wrenches I've accumulated over the years......

The older 9/16 and 5/8 I use more than the others.... I have a complete set of the MAC bent wrenches from 3/8 to 7/8..... LOL I never use the Mac ones they were covered in dust....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tattooo; 03-10-2019, 6:00 PM.

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

These are a couple of old like 50 years old distributor wrenches..... They are awesome in tight places.....
      Attached Files

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

I'll try and take some more pics of the odd cool tools that I have bought through the years....

Ok Jesse it's yours or anyone else's turn....

Comment

• tzienlee
          • Apr 2024

I have a few trick tools I like and use a fair bit, here's a few of them...……….
          1st is an Optical centre punch,... spot on every time, has a cross hair sight that you put over a marking out line, remove the optic, place in the punch & blamo ….
          2nd is a mini pipe wrench I have had for 40+ years and is so fecking usefull i'd hate to lose it !!
          3rd are my set of square eazy outs with flute to lock into the drilled hole,... wont expand a bolt jamming it even more and far less likely to shear and really fuck ya day up like the left handed spiral ones do ,
          4th are my set of TOLLE motor stands for big twins, if ya Know of TOLLE from Sweden you will know the quality...
          5th is a great bit of kit for finding the centre of a round bar or marking out an exact half of a bar or ring or washer......
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Guest; 03-10-2019, 7:07 PM.

Comment

• TimB1640
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by tzienlee
            I have a few trick tools I like and use a fair bit, here's a few of them...……….
            1st is an Optical centre punch,... spot on every time, has a cross hair sight that you put over a marking out line, remove the optic, place in the punch & blamo ….
            2nd is a mini pipe wrench I have had for 40+ years and is so fecking usefull i'd hate to lose it !!
            3rd are my set of square eazy outs with flute to lock into the drilled hole,... wont expand a bolt jamming it even more and far less likely to shear and really fuck ya day up like the left handed spiral ones do ,
            4th are my set of TOLLE motor stands for big twins, if ya Know of TOLLE from Sweden you will know the quality...
            5th is a great bit of kit for finding the centre of a round bar or marking out an exact half of a bar or ring or washer......
            Is that motor stand available here?

Comment

• Dragstews
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Tattooo

Ok Jesse it's yours or anyone else's turn....
              My turn, Huh ?

Here be a tool that sees some use for dialing in the cam lobe timing on the "Grind-off, Degree-in and Weld-on cam lobes" for Sporties ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2385.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	291.3 KB
ID:	1308997

Name:	IMG_2386.jpg
Size:	290.6 KB
ID:	1308998

Don't get to use it all that much, most Folks will buy a Cam set with the gears made on...

What's so great about weld-on lobes is you get to keep the factory gears in play...

I did this mod on my XR with the Red-Shift 570 lobes and also on my Buell with using Leineweber L5-T lobes ....
              Last edited by Dragstews; 03-11-2019, 7:03 PM.
              Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• tzienlee
                • Apr 2024

TOLLE will send anywhere in the world, i'm based in England and they got here in about 3 days.
                the price is about $54 (510 Swedish Krona) plus shipping,....
                not the cheapest but as I say, great quality and fit flat in a toolbox...……… https://www.tolle-engineering.se/sto...-stands-495923

Comment

• vonhelmet
                  • May 2010

That optical center punch is really cool. Im gonna search the internet for one of those right now.

Comment

• pan620
                    • Feb 2013

My father called them bomb sights

Comment

• Pliers
                      • Feb 2018

Originally posted by vonhelmet
                      That optical center punch is really cool. Im gonna search the internet for one of those right now.
                      Grizzly makes one you can find on sale cheap sometimes....

Comment

• Skjoll
                        • Oct 2018

A proportional divider has been very useful to me over the years.

Name:	alvin-949-drafting-proportional-divider-w-case_1_c62c51d8c0427a2e679a1de8e630b520.jpg
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	1309007

Comment

• Davestune
                          • May 2014

Originally posted by Dragstews
                          My turn, Huh ?

Here be a tool that sees some use for dialing in the cam lobe timing on the "Grind-off, Degree-in and Weld-on cam lobes" for Sporties ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91883[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91884[/ATTACH]

Don't get to use it all that much, most Folks will buy a Cam set with the gears made on...

What's so great about weld-on lobes is you get to keep the factory gears in play...

I did this mod on my XR with the Red-Shift 570 lobes and also on my Buell with using Leineweber L5-T lobes ....
                          Hey mad scientist, how about some normal people tools.
                          That is slicker than shit that tool is

Comment

• farmall
                            • Apr 2013

Documenting the unusual tools is a good thing. That's the first I've heard of that one.

Comment

• Davestune
                              • May 2014

Originally posted by farmall
                              Documenting the unusual tools is a good thing. That's the first I've heard of that one.
                              Yeah, all thats above me but is slick
                              I love special tools

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;