Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hubbard
    • Dec 2010

is it that or take some of the shim that was mentioned from behind the front pulley?

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Hubbard
      is it that or take some of the shim that was mentioned from behind the front pulley?
      Yep I forgot about that....... Take out all of the shims that you have added no matter where they are......

Comment

• Stretchhh
        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Tattooo
        Yep I forgot about that....... Take out all of the shims that you have added no matter where they are......
        Well I've been fucking with this all day and it's still cocked no matter what I do. Every time it gets closer to being straight the belt becomes to tight. Also if I take the shims out behind the motor pulley then the belt runs off the edge of the pulley and rubs the retaining ring. I've only been able to get it a little better than the previous pics. It's up against the lip on the clutch basket too.

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Stretchhh
          Well I've been fucking with this all day and it's still cocked no matter what I do. Every time it gets closer to being straight the belt becomes to tight. Also if I take the shims out behind the motor pulley then the belt runs off the edge of the pulley and rubs the retaining ring. I've only been able to get it a little better than the previous pics. It's up against the lip on the clutch basket too.
          Tell you what, Have you tried taking the belt off and then see if you can get the pulleys to line up with a straight edge?

Comment

• Stretchhh
            • Feb 2019

Tell you what, Have you tried taking the belt off and then see if you can get the pulleys to line up with a straight edge?
            Ok so I can line it up perfect no problem without the belt. Only issue is now it's slid too far back in the trans plate and I can't even get the belt on. With the belt on and tensioned correctly the trans is slid all the he way forward in the slots on the trans plate so there's no room to move it to get it straight. If my belt were a little longer I'd be golden... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5795.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	1309789
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5796.jpg
Size:	296.9 KB
ID:	1309790
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5797.jpg
Size:	287.5 KB
ID:	1309791

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

If my belt were a little longer I'd be golden...
              Well there you go what are you waiting on?????? Buy another fucking belt.......

Your welcome.............. LOL

Comment

• Stretchhh
                • Feb 2019

Well there you go what are you waiting on?????? Buy another fucking belt.......

Your welcome.............. LOL
                How do I size one? Is 8mm 1.5" width the only two measurements I need? Only other difference is tooth count right? I've got a 132 tooth belt now..

Comment

• JBinNC
                  • Dec 2018

How do I size one? Is 8mm 1.5" width the only two measurements I need? Only other difference is tooth count right? I've got a 132 tooth belt now..
                  Don't take Tattoo seriously, he's fuckin' with you. If you can't move the transmission forward any more, what is it hitting? Sometimes you have to take a little off the front of the top, if it hits the seat post. Or, if the plate has bolts down through it at the front, rather than the plate being threaded, with screws from the bottom, you may have to take part of the bolt heads off.
                  Clearance, Clarence.

Jim

Comment

• Tattooo
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by JBinNC
                    Don't take Tattoo seriously, he's fuckin' with you. If you can't move the transmission forward any more, what is it hitting? Sometimes you have to take a little off the front of the top, if it hits the seat post. Or, if the plate has bolts down through it at the front, rather than the plate being threaded, with screws from the bottom, you may have to take part of the bolt heads off.
                    Clearance, Clarence.

Jim
                    Nope I'm not fucking with him at all........ I've seen many times when the trans gets almost all the way forward, Past where the inner primary normally sits the trans isn't straight and you can't straighten it.....

Don't grind the seat post or anything else buy a different belt is way easier...........

Comment

• Tattooo
                      • Sep 2012

If you want to take the easy way out put a chain back on it and go riding...........

Comment

• Stretchhh
                        • Feb 2019

If you want to take the easy way out put a chain back on it and go riding...........
                        Tattooo, I'm no quitter so I'm seeing this belt threw, even if it's kicking my ass right now! Lol, if everyone else can manage to make it work I know that I can too. I found that bdl makes a 144 tooth belt and mines a 132. Might just give me the little extra I need. It's a 8mm and 1.5 so should fit the same just longer right?

Jim, I'm right up against my seat post, I maybe have a 1/16 of an inch between my lid and post. It's so far forward in the adjusting slots that it can't be aligned due to the trans studs being against the curved ends of the slots.

It seems my options are: 1, buy a longer belt or 2, grind my trans plate slots longer and take material off my trans lid. I like the idea of the longer belt but can anyone confirm that the 8mm and 1.5 measurements are all I need to get a right fitting belt? Only other variant would be length (tooth count)?

I know it seems slow but this is still progress to me so again thanks for sticking with me guys and helping.

Comment

• Hubbard
                          • Dec 2010

Tattooo, I'm no quitter so I'm seeing this belt threw, even if it's kicking my ass right now! Lol, if everyone else can manage to make it work I know that I can too. I found that bdl makes a 144 tooth belt and mines a 132. Might just give me the little extra I need. It's a 8mm and 1.5 so should fit the same just longer right?

Jim, I'm right up against my seat post, I maybe have a 1/16 of an inch between my lid and post. It's so far forward in the adjusting slots that it can't be aligned due to the trans studs being against the curved ends of the slots.

It seems my options are: 1, buy a longer belt or 2, grind my trans plate slots longer and take material off my trans lid. I like the idea of the longer belt but can anyone confirm that the 8mm and 1.5 measurements are all I need to get a right fitting belt? Only other variant would be length (tooth count)?

I know it seems slow but this is still progress to me so again thanks for sticking with me guys and helping.
                          There is no rule in the chop world that states its not cool to call the manufacturer.

Comment

• JBinNC
                            • Dec 2018

Belt tooth count choices are limited, unless you want to track down an industrial belt.
                            If your belt is 132T, a 144T belt would be so long you would never get it adjusted.
                            In at least one case of the 8mm belts, there is one with the same tooth count that is .070 longer than the standard belt. I'll find the particulars later if I think it will help you.

Jim

Comment

• Tattooo
                              • Sep 2012

Tattooo, I'm no quitter so I'm seeing this belt threw, even if it's kicking my ass right now! Lol, if everyone else can manage to make it work I know that I can too.

I never said you were a quitter...... I'm just suggesting doing it correctly........... Hell I've never seen a bike with a chain with the trans slammed up against the seat post..... Do what you will I'll be watching....

So my question to you is...... What if everyone else has a bigger belt or smaller front pulley????? Did you think of that??

Comment

• Stretchhh
                                • Feb 2019

Tattooo, I'm not saying you called me a quitter. I'm sorry, it's really hard to convay meaning threw text lol. I've considered open chain but haven't heard allot of good things about it.

Jim and Hubbard, as far as getting a longer belt goes I've tried contacting the manufacturer for help sizing the new belt Monday and Tuesday multiple times and left messages but have gotten no answer. Maybe he's on vacation? Not sure but I'll be trying again today.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;