Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hubbard
    • Dec 2010

To keep the tranny from twisting clockwise in use, I weld a small tab with a set screw in it on the front left corner of the tranny plate. The set screw will hit the trans case right below the speedo hole. Won’t move now.

Comment

• Hubbard
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Stretchhh
      There is adjustment in it in the sense that the holes are slotted for the trans studs so it will slide forward and back but there's also side to side play in those slotted holes. I meant I have no screw adjuster.
      Don’t get frustrated at this mess, you are cleaning up a bunch of fucked up shit and setting it all up like it should have been to start with. Once all this is fixed life is good.

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Tattooo, here's some better pics please let me know if you want to see anything else.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]92605[/ATTACH]

By that pic your belt isn't running straight at all it's cocked...... The trans is sitting inside compared to the motor............

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

By the way try and get a straighter pic...... Not an angle,,,, Stand in front of the bike just above the foot peg and take a pic... And one from the back axle.....

Comment

• Stretchhh
            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Tattooo
            By the way try and get a straighter pic...... Not an angle,,,, Stand in front of the bike just above the foot peg and take a pic... And one from the back axle.....
            Tattooo- I can get some better pics today after work, I tried this morning but it was to dark for a good shot.

Hubbard- I'm determined to get this done no matter how frustrating it is haha and the tab thing is a good idea also.

I was doing some research last night after farmall mentioned the trans adjusted plate and found this thing. Anyone use it? Is it any good? For $50 seems like it'll solve my troubles and make this easy to adjust.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5751.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	1309558
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5752.jpg
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	1309559

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

^^^^ Yes those do a great job with a belt drive........^^^^^

Comment

• Stretchhh
                • Feb 2019

^^^^ Yes those do a great job with a belt drive........^^^^^
                Awesome just put one on order, hopefuly I'll get it for the weekend and can bang this out.

Comment

• AndyNZ
                  • Apr 2014

I'm just installing one of those ATM. A few issues ive ran into just to be aware of, may not always be the case though.

-Adjuster threads may need to be trimmed down at ends to allow for chain clearance depending on trans position when your belt is tensioned
                  -Gearbox mount studs are too short allowing only a couple of turns of thread to engage, will need longer step studs here installed in the gearbox, seems like these are available from my research, still trying to confirm the thread if anyone knows for sure? Getting conflicting info

Otherwise they seems to work well.

Comment

• Stretchhh
                    • Feb 2019

Ok so I finally got around to installing the trans adjuster in the bike and I found that the studs in the case were long enough to use with the adjuster, however I did have to get longer bolts for the front mounts of the trans plate and trim the adjuster stud on the right side so it wouldn't hit the drain plug area of the trans case. I added another .035" of spacer behind the front pulley making my total amount .095" of spacer. after doing this the belt now tracks straight on the front pulley and dose not rub the retaining ring or the motor. On the rear pulley it tracks to the outside almost right against the lip on the clutch basket. I tried lining it up with straight edges and it seems that its out of parallel by about .060". that's the closest I can get it since if I adjust the trans anymore than that the belt becomes extremely tight. I also loosened the motor and turned it as straight as I could in the frame. my question is this, if its tracking straight on the front pulley and not walking off it or into the motor then how crooked could it really be? is it a possible error in my measuring with straight edges? I am using plate glass so they could be deflecting? How close are you guys getting yours to "parallel"? cant believe I'm still fighting this damn thing... ill grab some pics tonight couldn't get any last night. Thanks.

Comment

• Tattooo
                      • Sep 2012

is it a possible error in my measuring with straight edges? I am using plate glass so they could be deflecting?
                      Yes sir it's very possible............

Comment

• Stretchhh
                        • Feb 2019

Yes sir it's very possible............
                        Well like I said it's not walking off the front pulley and it seems to be right against the clutch basket it the rear. Here's some pics of every thing. It looks like the trans needs to be rotated clockwise when viewed from the top but I can't adjust it any more without over tightening the belt.

Name:	IMG_5781.jpg
Size:	291.4 KB
ID:	1309744

Name:	IMG_5786.jpg
Size:	284.7 KB
ID:	1309745

Name:	IMG_5782.jpg
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	1309746

Name:	IMG_5787.jpg
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	1309747
                        It's kind of hard to see but in the last pic is the straight edge glass held against the back of the rear pulley and you can see how it's still kind of crooked.

Comment

• Tattooo
                          • Sep 2012

Yes it's cocked just like I thought it looked in your other pics....... Do you know what year trans you have??? It looks like an early year shaft trans......

I really wish you could get better pics....... Like I asked several times before no close ups...... Get further back and take a straight line pic.....

Comment

• Stretchhh
                            • Feb 2019

Yes it's cocked just like I thought it looked in your other pics....... Do you know what year trans you have??? It looks like an early year shaft trans......

I really wish you could get better pics....... Like I asked several times before no close ups...... Get further back and take a straight line pic.....
                            I'll get some zoomed out pics in the morning. How do I date my trans?

Comment

• Stretchhh
                              • Feb 2019

Name:	IMG_5789.jpg
Size:	295.2 KB
ID:	1309767 how's this?

Comment

• Tattooo
                                • Sep 2012

^^^^^ Much better...^^^^^ It looks like you have the right trans you need to just play with your adjustment..... The trans could stand to come out just a tiny bit....

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;