CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    294

    Default Superglide tank question

    Hey CC,

    I'm wanting to mount a superglide tank to my 79 FXS frame. I haven't gotten a tank yet, so I haven't been able to mock anything up. the frame has all the stock tabs and my question is, will I have to cut any to make this tank work?

    Also, would I have to fab anything to be able to mount the tank?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2855.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	308.1 KB 
ID:	91559

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    199

    Default

    There is a mounting kit for Superglide tanks. Here's an example of one on Ebay https://www.ebay.com/i/173190205616?chn=ps

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    638

    Default

    As said by 555, all you need it the fitting kit, nothing needs cutting or removing,
    all I will say is try on ebay or ya local stash parts store to buy original ''L'' brackets and rubbers, as Taiwan Teds repros do not fit as well as OEM.
    This is my 79 FX custom I built with an early tank.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1122 - Copy (2).jpg  
    Last edited by tzienlee; 03-03-2019 at 5:37 AM.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    112

    Default

    I think ive got one of those mounting kits buried with some other shit, hit me up if interested

  5. #5

    Default

    Always wondered where the L-bracket goes? Have a Superglide tank on mine, just the front rubbers, saddle rubber & tie down spring at the back.

  6. #6
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StinkyMonkey View Post
    Always wondered where the L-bracket goes? .
    the ''L'' brackets bolt to the pogo seat mount, go down and then out with the small domed rubber against the frame and the two bigger rubber bosses pointing up so the tank base sits on them.
    with the V-Twin MFG ones the holes are too tight for the rubbers and the ''small'' rubber bush too big, …. it basically don't fit which is about usual for Ted's SHIT !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg   zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg  

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tzienlee View Post
    with the V-Twin MFG ones the holes are too tight for the rubbers and the ''small'' rubber bush too big, …. it basically don't fit which is about usual for Ted's SHIT !!

    Yep that's why people should look for OEM if anyway possible......

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tzienlee View Post
    As said by 555, all you need it the fitting kit, nothing needs cutting or removing,
    all I will say is try on ebay or ya local stash parts store to buy original ''L'' brackets and rubbers, as Taiwan Teds repros do not fit as well as OEM.
    This is my 79 FX custom I built with an early tank.
    I'm digging that tzienlee!

    thanks for confirming that, really trying to avoid cutting anymore than I need to. I'll see what I can find at the hardware store. maybe I'll get really lucky and find a OEM kit (HAAA).

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pliers View Post
    I think ive got one of those mounting kits buried with some other shit, hit me up if interested

    I could be interested, is it the ebay kit 555 posted a link of or OEM?

  10. #10
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firstripholdmybeer View Post
    I'll see what I can find at the hardware store. maybe I'll get really lucky and find a OEM kit (HAAA).
    What are you going to look for at a hardware store???

  11. #11
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    What are you going to look for at a hardware store???
    LOL I misread tzeinlee's comment. I thought he suggested checking a hardware store. I'll have to call a friend or two for their stash store inventory.

  12. #12
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firstripholdmybeer View Post
    LOL I misread tzeinlee's comment. I thought he suggested checking a hardware store. I'll have to call a friend or two for their stash store inventory.
    LOL Got ya.........

Share This



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in