CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Wishbone project

Just picked up a 48 wishbone frame that needs a ton of Tlc. A lot of sanding, a de rake and some asthetic work.
    The sidecar loops on the thing were BUTCHERED off. Iíd like to fill the spots on the cast pieces but i donít want to use any bondo on the bike.
    Any thoughts on using silicon bronze tig rod to fill, or any other suggestions.
    Also looking for a suggestion on filler when i go to de rake, Plan on windowing the neck. I just picked up a couple different types of rod to mess with. Ones high nickel and the other is a nickel crome rod. Canít remeber the numbers.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Those old frame joints are cast steel, no nickel needed, or wanted in my humble opinion. I have migged or 7018 stick back in the day.

Get Adobe Flash player

Can you post some pics of the frame?? Hope you do a build thread.............

Get Adobe Flash player

I usually fill by pad welding with MIG but of course stick works too and 7018 runs out so nice. ER70S-2 or S-6 TIG filler would be fine.
    Last edited by farmall; 02-28-2019 at 4:36 PM.

This is good news. Should be easy enough to fill things in. I do plan on doin some build thread but for now things will be moving slowly while I look for suitable parts and restore things I’ve got

Share This