Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShovelheadB
    • Jul 2018

Carb cover and Panhead question

I traded into a Panhead today. This is my first generator anything, so I’m pretty ignorant to all the parts and pieces and trying to find out what this piece is. It came with the trade, the gentlemen told me at the time but tbh, I was so excited by the time I made the long drive home I completely forgot.

Also, anyone know who produced this carb cover? Just trying ti get some info on it. Thanks in advance! Click image for larger version

Name:	D90E77E8-E3A9-49B1-B670-9C270439615A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1347839Click image for larger version

Name:	584D3C84-C373-4DAE-BC0E-7D0613E1A7EA.jpg
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1347840Click image for larger version

Name:	A406F396-36D6-4FB2-A479-80323ADAF777.jpg
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	1347841
  • Dragstews
    • Sep 2010

That's a Alternator conversion ...
    Puts out 17 amps ... Which is great if you have a scooter with a huge power load ..

The carb A/C is a bird defector ... Does not filter air ...
    VT sells them ...
    Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• ShovelheadB
      • Jul 2018

Thanks!

Comment

• 47str8leg
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by ShovelheadB
        I traded into a Panhead today. This is my first generator anything, so I’m pretty ignorant to all the parts and pieces and trying to find out what this piece is. It came with the trade, the gentlemen told me at the time but tbh, I was so excited by the time I made the long drive home I completely forgot.

Also, anyone know who produced this carb cover? Just trying ti get some info on it. Thanks in advance! [ATTACH=CONFIG]108490[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]108491[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]108492[/ATTACH]
        That could be a “Landstrom’s foundry “ cover.

Comment

• Revelator
          • Aug 2009

Yep, I remember those bird deflectors, I could not remember the name. Landstroms, It's
          been years since I checked out His web sight. such a boss Deflector

Comment

• farmall
            • Apr 2013

Permanent magnet alternator is a single phase style first commonly used on Kubota tractors. It was easy to machine the shaft to fit a Sporty gear.

It does NOT use the regulator for a generator. I have one found at a swap meet. I never bothered to hold the body in a vise then spin it with a drill to check output but you should be able to find the specs or download instructions from any of the current sellers.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;