CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Love the details on this bike!!! What size square stock did you use on your top motor mount? That thing is cool!

Get Adobe Flash player

You have a lot of talent, I love this bike

Get Adobe Flash player

bikes looking killer.

Bike is looking good. +1 on the W&W springer. I had a chrome 4 over on my previous bike and liked it so much I bought a black stock length for my current evo build. What carb you gonna run on her? I also have an ev27 in mine and the difference in the way it pulls is real noticeable in 2nd and 3rd gear. I run it with points ignition and a CV carb with a 45 pilot and a 170 main. The bike seems to like it a lot more than the nusual fat 48/190 combo Andrews recommends

Do something with the top motor mount tab.
    It's ugly.

Get Adobe Flash player

Super awesome!

I love your photography as much as the build.

Get Adobe Flash player

Killer build man. Cant wait to see more.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks guys. So the original plan was to run no battery, but with the air ride seat im gonna need one to power the tiny compressor i assume. Can anyone recommend a tiny battery? I hear bad things about the antigravity batteries, but i like the small size of the tiny 4 cell. Any other small options like that?

Get Adobe Flash player

Oh my word! This thing RULES. I was seriously just drawing up CAD plans the other day of a Chopper-Dave-ish evo big twin bike for my next build after I sell the ironhead. Seeing your build gives me 1,000,000 times the excitement. Your work is top notch! So clean. So tough. Love it. Can't wait to see more!

Get Adobe Flash player

Nice build with great fab work and good artistic photos to capture your metal skills.

the air ride seat im gonna need one to power the tiny compressor i assume.
    What is the volume of the little airbags? how often are you gonna need to adjust them? What about using the frame as a compressed air tank - like they do at the dragstrip for air shifters; CMDRA rules state: "Frame may be used as an air tank: pressure not to exceed 150 P.S.I".
    Moisture in compressed air could be an issue.
    Not hard to connect cross tubes to side rails for air passage - just drill a hole through the the side frame rail into the centre of the welded crosstube, then weld the outer hole closed. Same technique could be done at any welded tube connection - the hole will be inside the middle of the welded tube...hope that makes sense. Just an idea to eliminate the use of a battery if it is just to run a tiny compressor. Refill it when you stop for gas.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks guys. Yea chopper daves pan when it was gold/white is one of my all time favorite bikes. So rad!

I thought about having an air tank but its just an extra thing to deal with in the long run. More fittings to leak etc. The bags fill pretty quick anyway so im thinkin ill just set it up like paul does his rigidaires, compressor straight to the bags operated by a switch and a simple valve to dump

Get Adobe Flash player

id top your sexy rocker covers op with pakerized nuts, i think it would look real nice, they allso look awsome against chrome or polished pc.
    just saying
    real nice build

brumble

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneSpencer View Post
    Thanks guys. Yea chopper daves pan when it was gold/white is one of my all time favorite bikes. So rad!

I thought about having an air tank but its just an extra thing to deal with in the long run. More fittings to leak etc. The bags fill pretty quick anyway so im thinkin ill just set it up like paul does his rigidaires, compressor straight to the bags operated by a switch and a simple valve to dump

Check ebay for a harley cop bike solo seat air tank.

The air tank is pretty small, has a mounting bracket already attached to it, comes with a little air gauge and air fitting.

All you'd need is a small section of hose to run from the tank to the air bags.

There's on on ebay right now.......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-2008-H...J5V:rk:20:pf:0

Local Harley dealer, that sells cop bikes, might have these too. First thing a lot of guys do when they buy a cop bike is to get rid of the saddle and put a two up seat on 'em.

I like the build you're doing. It's gonna be real nice when done.

Kudos.

I really like that style bike. For get on and ride the Evo motor can't be beat. You are very talented can't wait to see the bike done.

Get Adobe Flash player

Love everything on this bike but the seat size and air ride. Just veers too far from a 60s frisco style to me and seems out of place, especially if you have to run a battery just for a seat. A nice classic bates and p pad would get the right look, but just my $.02. Nice details and fab work though, A+!
    Last edited by brooklynbomber; 03-03-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

So the goal for the air setup is to keep it super clean and simple. Instead of having the threads exposed on the bottom bag studs, i drilled out an acorn nut so it would cover the threads and also hide a bit of the air fittings....

The studs for the bags were a bit long but i couldnt trim them due to the internal air threads, so instead of running big ugly washers or something like that, i made a plate to kinda dress shit up a bit and act as a "washer" of sorts

Cut out the stock paughco tube....

Cut down the height on the bag bracket sides and welded it in. Bags dumped......

Bags up

Made this seat pivot for the 10 ga pan i got off the ole fleabay. This pan is a few inches smaller all around than the 16 ga pan i mocked up quick, i like the smaller pan much better

Made some tabs up for a simple pivot setup

Ditched the crossbar piece for a couple buttonhead screws

Seat up....

Seat Dumped...

Im stoked how it turned out, when the seats dumped the air setup is hidden pretty well. Im still trying to figure out what to do with a battery. The 4 cell is incredibly small so im not worried about that. Also having a battery wouldnt be a bad idea for the lights with a mag. Either way if the battery shits on me it wont matter too much, ill just have a full rigid seat for the ride home haha

Got some stuff on the way to fab up my own mid controls, should bang those out this weekend
    Last edited by ShaneSpencer; 03-19-2019 at 10:53 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Anyone got a part number for a 1.5” open belt drive, kick only ? Bdl only has 2” listed on there site and rivera primo was outta business last i heard ?

ChivaKnievel

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneSpencer View Post
    Anyone got a part number for a 1.5 open belt drive, kick only ? Bdl only has 2 listed on there site and rivera primo was outta business last i heard ?
    62-40-sk-3

If you're looking on BDL's website all of the 1-1/2" belts are all listed under the "closed belts" section. The one I linked to is for years 65-78, which I believe is the one you need since you're running a late ratchet top with a splined shaft engine. You might want to contact them directly just to confirm, though.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks dude, i was actually looking at that last night on jps site, but there picture on the site had the electric start rear pulley shown which threw me for a loop. Shouldve double checked it on bdls site. Appreciate it

Get Adobe Flash player

bike looks sweet! keep up the work! are you mounting the rear break caliper to the top tube? or is that jut zip tied up there for now?

Share This