X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shovel625
    • Mar 2018

72 XLCH w/ low brow weld on hardtail

Long time no post..

winter is approaching slowly and this year im going to build another xlch chopper.

I saw low brow released their weld on hardtail kit for ironhead sporties so im gonna jump on it and thats my winter project.

heres the bike, as it sat while i was building it. keeping all the parts i modified for a later build (narrowed fender, sectioned and shortened fender struts, seat pan, oil tank etc and the rear frame section-- i wanna do a single downtube swing arm ironhead frame, ben jeff style, in the future)

plans.

6 over 33.4
    low brow weld on section
    ben jeff t bars
    21, 18 combo
    narrowed hummer tank
    seat?
    pipes-ill make a set
    magneto--- future plan
    oil tank--- ill fab

etc etc ill keep this all updated

its
    Attached Files
    Last edited by shovel625; 09-22-2021, 7:51 AM.
  • dankmelater
    • Jul 2019

Nice, that's gonna be a rad chop. Had no idea LB started doing kits for ironheads, super rad. Those single downtime frames Ben Jeff makes are phenomenal. I've been so tempted to see if he'd do one for an evo sportster, it's such a cool look.

Comment

• shovel625
      • Mar 2018

Originally posted by dankmelater
      Nice, that's gonna be a rad chop. Had no idea LB started doing kits for ironheads, super rad. Those single downtime frames Ben Jeff makes are phenomenal. I've been so tempted to see if he'd do one for an evo sportster, it's such a cool look.
      me either, i was on the site the other day and it popped up under new items.

Right Bens stuff is insane. This chop has his bars on it, the swingarm frame i wanna do is completely inspired off the last few frames ive seen him produce

Comment

• shovel625
        • Mar 2018

few more pics, the shovels my daily last few are bars frame and motor
        Attached Files

Comment

• shovel625
          • Mar 2018

Chnaged my direction up with the 72 xlch again. Was going to hardtail it but ive got a shovelhead frame in my jig currently that im building and ive been into the early 70s norcal look lately. So ive turned the sporty back in that direction.

Click image for larger version

Name:	norcal xlch 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	1321119Click image for larger version

Name:	norcal xlch 1.jpg
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	1321119

Name:	norcal xlch 2.jpg
Size:	307.8 KB
ID:	1321120

Name:	norcal xlch 3.jpg
Size:	315.0 KB
ID:	1321121

Comment

• shovel625
            • Mar 2018

You can get a better view in the photos above of how i sectioned and shortened the fender struts. I cant take credit for the idea of doing it, I saw Arie Vee do it on an xlch he did for the Harley No Show bike Bad Blood that he built. But i did do the work to shorten, section and weld them back together.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;