Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerrynTomsic
    • Jun 2016

Advice on Carb Fitment

So, I got an '86 883 and didn't dig the S&S Super E being on it. Felt that it was too much for such a small bike. I traded for a CV carb off a early 2000's 883 (27490-96 to be exact). Well, I wanted to throw it on my bike and it physically doesn't fit between the cylinders. The throttle hits my FC and a part protruding off the left side of the carb is hitting my RC. I really don't want to go back to the Super E or even a Keihin butterfly. I can't find any special manifolds that may do the trick. My last resort is dremaling down my fins a bit to squeeze it in. Any advice or maybe a related thread? Appreciate it in advance
    Attached Files
  • Sky
    • Aug 2009

Clearance the throttle cable bracket. Not the fins
    You only really need a pull cable...

Comment

• TriNortchopz
      • Dec 2017

Sounds like you may need a different flange adapter:
      Step by step CV carburetor upgrade for older Harley Davidson motorcycles. How to replace the early 1981-89 Harley Keihin with a newer CV40 carburetor.

You got the original manifold for that engine?
      Last edited by TriNortchopz; 01-22-2019, 11:11 PM.
      If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• DerrynTomsic
        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
        Sounds like you may need a different flange adapter:
        Step by step CV carburetor upgrade for older Harley Davidson motorcycles. How to replace the early 1981-89 Harley Keihin with a newer CV40 carburetor.

You got the original manifold for that engine?
        I don't have the stock manifold anymore. I sold it with the Super E. I did find that article you sent me the other day. I gotta buy an old stock manifold and then they make an adaptor that goes between the manifold and carb.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;