X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • james69
    • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Dragstews
    Thanks drag! I rechecked it and the number is M1527-2SE

So according to the chart it’s 4 1/2 stroke bad ass! still learning about strokers and bigger engines haha so it could be 84" or 93"?
    Last edited by james69; 08-21-2021, 9:52 PM.

Comment

• farmall
      • Apr 2013

Boss is nice and crisp with zero pecker tracks. Save the pics to offer DMV if they have any questions and ya could always have a couple printed by an outfit with a photo-grade printer. It's clearly a virgin as the porosity matches adjacent surfaces and the fillet is obviously cast not milled.

Someone REALLY good could match that but no one would have put that much effort into that case.

Comment

• Dragstews
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by james69

So according to the chart it’s 4 1/2 stroke bad ass!
        If indeed the stroke is 4-1/2" and the bore is 3-5/8" .... Displacement is at 93 cubes ...

Originally posted by farmall

Someone REALLY good could match that but no one would have put that much effort into that case.
        True, tis a bunch of work ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	220743013_10223590184401292_7455981802635004306_n (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	1319574

Name:	238674711_697902888276836_8918093018254503026_n.jpg
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	1319580

Name:	239042062_362938898652339_1402103628947372827_n.jpg
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	1319581
        Last edited by Dragstews; 08-22-2021, 8:55 AM.
        Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• james69
          • Feb 2018

Thanks Drag. Appreciate all your help in identifying what I’m working with here 93” seems really hot compared to my mellow stock 80” cone shovel.

My idea was to build a long skinny chopper with this bike but now I may need to reconsider selling the dual disk front end LOL.

Do have another wonder ....
          Seeing the lifter/top-end oil screen on the right case says that case haft is 53 and up ..

Never liked doing a Big Bore on the 48 to 57 stock cases due to the casting becoming super weak after the case has been bored out for the bigger jugs ..

58 and up, Harley started making the cases with more meat in their castings + the larger OD pinion shaft and double row bearings ...

My wonder is bout the sprocket shaft, is it the 1" taper or the 55-up splined .. ??
          Here’s to hoping my right case is the later 58 and up. I will pull and check the sprocket shaft next weekend and post pics. Any other way I should Inspect/could tell what this right side case would be? I don’t wanna blow this thing up and the more I read about strokers the more it seems like as the cubes increase life expectancy goes down
          Last edited by james69; 08-22-2021, 8:52 AM.

Comment

• JBinNC
            • Dec 2018

The life expectancy of a stroker motor depends on how it was built and how it is treated, same as any other motor. I have rebuilt several stroker motors that had lived long and happy lives, and I fully expect the rebuilds to do the same. And they are a lot of fun. Use good parts and good assembly practices, and realize that in an air cooled motor, increasing the power output by whatever method also means increasing the heat the motor generates, and in general you cannot increase the heat dissipating features (fins and oil flow mostly). So take that into account when you do your tuning (a little on the fat side is safer).

Jim

Comment

• james69
              • Feb 2018

Thanks for your input Jim, and everything you have said makes sense. I have never intended on building a stroker before so I've always just stuck with stock stuff. Hence me learning about all this in the last few days now!

I picked this bike up 2 hours outside of Portland, Oregon. The old gentlemen that sold it to me had owned it since 2012 and didn't do any of the motor work. He was a firefighter and purchased it from a fellow firefighter who inherited it from his dad when he passed. It could've been built by Baisley Hi-Performance but I am only guessing due to geographical proximity haha.

I am just not sure if I need this much power in a motor. I already ride pretty conservatively/slow I guess. I live in a rural town outside of Portland, Oregon. The speed limit is 35 through town and even on the highways here it's 55mph haha.

Maybe if I lived in Utah again where it's 80+ mph everywhere

Comment

• Dragstews
                • Sep 2010

..... .....

Comment

• rockman96
                  • May 2018

I am just not sure if I need this much power in a motor. I already ride pretty conservatively/slow I guess. I live in a rural town outside of Portland, Oregon. The speed limit is 35 through town and even on the highways here it's 55mph haha.
                  Sorry, I can't even process this kind of statement. WTF, is that for real? The throttle is adjustable, ya know. And 93" ain't that huge of a deal.

Comment

• JBinNC
                    • Dec 2018

Originally posted by rockman96
                    Sorry, I can't even process this kind of statement. WTF, is that for real? The throttle is adjustable, ya know. And 93" ain't that huge of a deal.
                    No worries, 100 miles and he will be hopelessly addicted. BwaHaHaHa.

Jim

Comment

• james69
                      • Feb 2018

Originally posted by rockman96
                      Originally posted by JBinNC
                      No worries, 100 miles and he will be hopelessly addicted. BwaHaHaHa.

Jim
                      I drive a slow ass el Camino and a slow ass cone shovel. I guess we will see when I get this thing back together Hahaha thanks guys! Will post more pics when I get this motor out of the frame
                      Last edited by james69; 08-22-2021, 5:06 PM.

Comment

• james69
                        • Feb 2018

My wonder is bout the sprocket shaft, is it the 1" taper or the 55-up splined .. ??
                        I went on a chopper camping trip to the Oregon coast last weekend with some friends and had a ripping time. Just got into the bike again tonight. I will pull the motor this weekend and check for a belly number on the right side case! Looks like I have a splined shaft!

Comment

• Dragstews
                          • Sep 2010

Looks like I have a splined shaft!
                          55-68 Timken Bearing to boot too ...
                          48-57 breather stud pipe

Sprocket been flipped over ...
                          Last edited by Dragstews; 09-03-2021, 1:56 AM.

Comment

• james69
                            • Feb 2018

55-68 Timken Bearing to boot too ...
                            48-57 breather stud pipe

Sprocket been flipped over ...
                            Hell yeah I am stoked! Thanks Drag. No way to identify the exact year of the right side case is there? Even if there is a belly number on there?

Also I am wondering why the sprocket is on wrong...I had no idea... should probably fix that? haha does it matter?
                            Last edited by james69; 09-03-2021, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Dragstews
                              • Sep 2010

Got a photo of the right side ...
                              Might be able to narrow it down some ..

Chain alinement will be off .. Accelerated wear on the side plates will be seen in time and also on the sprocket teeth ...

Comment

• james69
                                • Feb 2018

Let me know if there are any other angles or photos I can provide to help identify.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;