Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pete808
    • Apr 2017

The Banana Glide

So I bought this funky yellow shovelhead the other day that I am gonna change up a bit. I'll post my progress from time to time on here. Not really a build, more of a reconditioning. Eventually I will paint the frame black and make it nice but for now I think I will do some crazy acid trip multi colored thing. If anyone needs or wants the dual mag set up on it I would be interested in either selling it or trading it for parts for this thing. Ideally I would like a rigid titled shovel frame for this so if anyone has one for a decent price please let me know. Also if anyone has any weird, colorful odd ball stuff that would work on this let me know as well.

Attached Files
    Last edited by pete808; 12-26-2018, 10:00 PM.
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

Right on. What year is the engine? What about the tranny? No title with it now?
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• pete808
      • Apr 2017

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
      Right on. What year is the engine? What about the tranny? No title with it now?
      Motor is 1976, haven't check on what transmission it is. MSO for frame, not titled yet. I would just prefer it titled as a harley vs special construction.

Comment

• adkdean
        • Dec 2018

I think its cool . Just the few changes you have made it much nicer than it was. Good luck with the build.

Comment

• pete808
          • Apr 2017

Originally posted by adkdean
          I think its cool . Just the few changes you have made it much nicer than it was. Good luck with the build.
          Thanks. I will do a couple more things when I have some time. I ordered some nice bars for it and want to change out the back rim for a more narrow wheel. Other then that and what I mentioned in the first post I hope to just clean it up and get it running well.

Comment

• farmall
            • Apr 2013

You could title it special construction and ride it until you find a titled frame, then sell the special construction titled frame.

Comment

• FatChibs
              • Feb 2014

MM Dual magneto. nuff said have fun. post updates on ur build this place is slow

Comment

• pete808
                • Apr 2017

Originally posted by farmall
                You could title it special construction and ride it until you find a titled frame, then sell the special construction titled frame.
                Yeah that will probably be the route I go.

Comment

• pete808
                  • Apr 2017

Originally posted by FatChibs
                  MM Dual magneto. nuff said have fun. post updates on ur build this place is slow
                  I will post updates whenever I change something. I am a little low on funds right now so it may be a while before I do anything on it.

Comment

• pete808
                    • Apr 2017

Not much progress on the banana glide or my Knuckle chop or even the UL, too much going on lately. I got a new seat in for the shovel and some bars as well. Have not put them on yet but laid the seat down on the new fender. here is a pic as it sits. Hopefully will get some work done on it this month. Need to get the sissy bar in and cut a couple inches off the fender along with a couple other things. Luckily this bike ran when I got it unlike my others so it should be quick going once I get some time.

Attached Files

Comment

• pete808
                      • Apr 2017

Handle bars came in, other then that not much else going on. Low on funds and havn't had any motivation to do any work lately. Still waiting on the sissy bar and need to figure out exhaust. I will probably try to find a 21 inch front wheel too. If anyone has some shotgun pipes for a shovel for sale let me know.

Attached Files

Comment

• pete808
                        • Apr 2017

No real progress on this bike or my other 2, but I did find a cool headlight and a great mount from Pangeaspeed. Here is a pic of the headlight mounted. Hopefully I will get some work done on it this month. I ordered a sissy bar from KickerParts on Instagram and after waiting and waiting it is finally on it's way.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• pete808
                          • Apr 2017

After about 12 weeks or so of waiting, a little longer then the 10-15 days business days that I was told, I finally received the sissy bar I ordered and mocked it up. Also found a guy local to me to swap me his 21 for my 19. I am trying to spend little to no money on this build, so I opted to wrap the pipes instead of buying new ones sine they are trashed and rusted. Haven't had much time to do anything else.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• brooklynbomber
                            • Sep 2011

I bet you bought your sissy bar from kicker parts.... bike looks good though. Tank, 21 and pipes are all working well

Comment

• pete808
                              • Apr 2017

Originally posted by brooklynbomber
                              I bet you bought your sissy bar from kicker parts.... bike looks good though. Tank, 21 and pipes are all working well
                              Thanks, for a budget build I am pleased with it so far. Yup kicker parts, never again. Too bad because it came out real nice and I need another one for my knucklehead.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;