Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brooklynbomber
    • Sep 2011

That dude can kick rocks. Somehow he still is in business but everyone I’ve ever met who has dealt with him has had the worst experience.

Comment

• pete808
      • Apr 2017

Originally posted by brooklynbomber
      That dude can kick rocks. Somehow he still is in business but everyone I’ve ever met who has dealt with him has had the worst experience.
      Yeah, it was one excuse after another after another. Luckily I wasn't making any progress on the build so the time didn't matter to me as much but it was still annoying that he said 10-15 business days and I paid up front and it took months instead of weeks. I also have no idea how he is still in business.

Comment

• ncmc47
        • Oct 2012

People paying up front, is how he is still in business. If he had to wait for his money he would prolly be washing dishes.

Comment

• Hubbard
          • Dec 2010

What’s the red scooter?

Comment

• pete808
            • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Hubbard
            What’s the red scooter?
            Its a 1976 CB550 SuperSport. One of my projects that I have not touched in years, along with my 47EL that's in there somewhere too. Hoepfully I can get to them soon. Ideally I need to finish my 47 UL this week, then this Shovel disaster, then the 47 El and finally the CB, but I just bought another one yesterday so these plans might change again. If anyone is ever in the area and wants to come help me work on some of these let me know, free place near the beach to stay for helping out lol.

Comment

• pete808
              • Apr 2017

Long time with no progress on this thing. With the COVID19 thing going on I have had a lot of time on my hands since I am home all day. I made some small progress on this one. Got some mid controls from a friend and some new bars he made, found a rear drum, changed the bars and thinking about changing the seat too. Started some front yard painting today, not my expertise but I don't want the paint to look too clean since the rest of the bike is beat up so I am just spray painting it and not worrying about imperfections.
              Attached Files

Comment

• markwade74
                • Mar 2012

I like it. Looks like you've been having fun

Comment

• Hatchet54
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by pete808
                  Its a 1976 CB550 SuperSport. One of my projects that I have not touched in years, along with my 47EL that's in there somewhere too. Hoepfully I can get to them soon. Ideally I need to finish my 47 UL this week, then this Shovel disaster, then the 47 El and finally the CB, but I just bought another one yesterday so these plans might change again. If anyone is ever in the area and wants to come help me work on some of these let me know, free place near the beach to stay for helping out lol.
                  Shit, I would take you up on that in a heartbeat if I could afford a way to get there. Stowaway on a freighter maybe?

Comment

• pete808
                    • Apr 2017

Originally posted by markwade74
                    I like it. Looks like you've been having fun
                    Thanks. Just trying to catch up on all these projects while I'm working from home. I have a lot of stuff that needs to be done on a bunch of bikes, it's stressing me out more then work lol.

Comment

• Vinson
                      • Jun 2012

Thanks. Just trying to catch up on all these projects while I'm working from home. I have a lot of stuff that needs to be done on a bunch of bikes, it's stressing me out more then work lol.
                      Looking pretty damn cool for a spare parts bike.

Really like the splattered paint job on the tank.

Comment

• pete808
                        • Apr 2017

I don't have the patience to paint. Spent 3 days on it trying to make it look good and then on my final coat my stands tip over and the tins fall and get messed up. Completely messed everything up. I sanded some of the parts down and just finished it up. Not the way I really wanted it to come out but with the frame being beat up and the rest of the bike kinda rough it doesn't look out of place. Here are some pics after I dropped the tins before sanding. Once I sanded and cleared it I ended up burning through the clear in two spots when polishing so that parts sucks too. I have not painted before so now I know what to expect in the future. I mounted up the carb and air cleaner, although the backing plate I have for the hair cleaner is for a Sure E or G carb and I have a Super B o it so I need to fix that too. Small steps forward, have to mount the tank on this week and figure out the shifter side pegs. Hopefully I can finish this in the next 2 weeks and move on to the EL.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Hoghead
                          • Jun 2015

I don't have the patience to paint. Spent 3 days on it trying to make it look good and then on my final coat my stands tip over and the tins fall and get messed up. Completely messed everything up. I sanded some of the parts down and just finished it up. Not the way I really wanted it to come out but with the frame being beat up and the rest of the bike kinda rough it doesn't look out of place. Here are some pics after I dropped the tins before sanding. Once I sanded and cleared it I ended up burning through the clear in two spots when polishing so that parts sucks too. I have not painted before so now I know what to expect in the future. I mounted up the carb and air cleaner, although the backing plate I have for the hair cleaner is for a Sure E or G carb and I have a Super B o it so I need to fix that too. Small steps forward, have to mount the tank on this week and figure out the shifter side pegs. Hopefully I can finish this in the next 2 weeks and move on to the EL.
                          Looks good- finish it, ride it , and when you've time have another go at the paint- it has real nice lines now -sissybar at a clean angle , rear fender following tire, all that stuff that separates a good job from bad.Paint is easier to fix...

Comment

• pete808
                            • Apr 2017

Installed an internal fork stop today that I bought from a guy on Instagram that posts a ton parts. Also got a kickstand mounting plate from Prism Supply since I am running mid controls now and needed a way to mount it. Decent product but the spacing on the holes was off by a little bit and was a little irritating. Rebuilt a star hub I had laying around that I will have my friend lace an 18 inch rim to later this week. Ordered a couple other small parts I need including a new chain. Hopefully will have them in next week. I cut off some tabs on the lower triple tree and have to clean it up later this week at work. I don't have many tools or space at my new house so everything takes me twice as long.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Tater66
                              • Mar 2019

Bung King makes a kickstand plate that fits perfect.

Comment

• pete808
                                • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Tater66
                                Bung King makes a kickstand plate that fits perfect.
                                Thanks, I just checked their site. Should of got it there, its almost half the price too.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;