CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by pete808 View Post
    which seat?
    Ride both and choose the least painful. If you have a long inseam the KQ may be better and you can add a gel pack or more foam if you like. Springs on the sprung seat are starting off so low they won't do much. Longer springs would sack to a reasonable height when compressed.

If the fender isn't reinforced (at the mounts at least) I've seen them crack when the owner packs a passenger.

To practice welding effectively make a bunch of long beads (builds muscle memory) on clean scrap. We had students do at least 6" long beads parallel and close together AKA "pad welding". Another good trick is to practice each new joint you're gonna do on scrap first and if in doubt, cut it apart to ensure good penetration. Setting your amps on scrap and never the work is the gold standard for getting that right.

Flap discs are your friends and your local welding supply has plenty 60 or 80 grit is good for general work and because they polish as they go they don't leave tracks and gouges like grinding rocks.

Get Adobe Flash player

Decided to use the king and queen seat just because it is different then the seats on my other bikes, but I do not like how it fits on the fender and the sissy bar so I will be taking a beat up seat apart and reshaping the seat pan and foam to get a better fit. I got a different sissy bar from Kicker Parts on instagram, this one is chrome color powdercoated. I have now ordered 3 from him and the turn around time has drastically improved and so has communication from him so I will continue to do business with him. I had to weld on new tabs to the frame to mount the sissy bar because the location of the other mounting holes wouldn't allow me to get the bar flush against the seat. This is only the third time I have welded so don't make fun of the welds please. I forgot to take a pic of the welds right after so the pic shows them after a quick pass with a sanding disk, then I remembered to take a photo. Overall I am happy with how everything is turning out, just need to do a bunch of tedious little things and then wiring. Hopefully will have it running soon so I can put it up for sale to hep pay for the 68 Firebird I just picked up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4519.jpg   IMG_4518.jpg   IMG_4526.jpg   IMG_4520.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

got a new seat that I can take apart and reshape but this project and some others are gonna get ignored for a bit cause I just picked this thing up and it will need some love.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4629.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Hot damn, a '68 400! 4 speed with the custom interior by any chance? In high school I had a '67 which never did get out of primer, but my God it was FAST. A bit nose heavy in the twisties, but once you figured it out it was a blast to drive.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBuggy View Post
    Hot damn, a '68 400! 4 speed with the custom interior by any chance? In high school I had a '67 which never did get out of primer, but my God it was FAST. A bit nose heavy in the twisties, but once you figured it out it was a blast to drive.
    Automatic with the deluxe interior. Cool car, needs some work but it is a numbers matching local car that was sitting in storage for 35 years up until recently. Some rust but not too crazy.

Get Adobe Flash player

Kin'Hell! What a find...

Share This