Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drifter82
    • Dec 2018

Evo to 96in twin

So I have a 1998 electric glide classic and Evo I also have a wrecked 2007 street Bob 96 in.³ complete bike all wiring engine harness everything can I take the engine from the street Bob and put it in my electric glide and how much hassle is it to do so
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

Don't know, but found this...kinda close, a year off both ends...:

Will it fit / work ? 103 in a 99 frame
    "...103" engine out of a 08 FLHP. I have a 95" in my 99 FLH eglide. has anyone swapped an 08 engine into a 99-07 frame with a 5 sp. tranny ?..."
    See post #29 by shovel_joe for best answer:
    Touring Models - Will it fit / work ? 103 in a 99 frame - Hello all, Found a 103 engine out of a 08 FLHP. I have a 95 in my 99 FLH eglide. has anyone swapped an 08 engine into a 99-07 frame with a 5 sp. tranny ? if so, were there any problems or issues ? thanks in advance for any help.
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• WillSCB
      • Dec 2014

In this case, one year could make a big difference. 99 was the first year of the twin cam, 98 was last year of the evo. I am not real familiar with all of the specifics, but if I remember right, the frame was redone for the twin cam because of (among other things) the trans bolting to the back of the engine. To me it would be a lot of work for the end result. Personally, to me the evo is a far better engine than the twin cam, anyway.

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by r2d2u2
        You aren't replying to a person. It's a bot.

Use the black triangle with the exclamation mark to the lower right of the post to report it instead. No need this time as I just did.

---------------

Originally posted by Drifter82
        So I have a 1998 electric glide classic and Evo I also have a wrecked 2007 street Bob 96 in.³ complete bike all wiring engine harness everything can I take the engine from the street Bob and put it in my electric glide and how much hassle is it to do so
        What kind of title does the wreck have?

If it has a good title and you can find a frame you can use a suitable section of the good frame to repair the original. If the wreck doesn't have a clear title, titled frames can be found but that's more money.

No title on this example:

Post clear pics of your frame damage for best advice.

Is the Evo a rat on its last legs anyway? I wouldn't tear into a good clean runner.

Swapping the whole TC drivetrain into an Evo frame would be like doing a Twin Cam FXR.
        That's not hard to manage and you can always bolt an Evo back in if desired. Fewer bagger swaps are done (because why not get the later bagger instead?) but it would be quite similar. I'd make the under-transmission crossmember removable so you can drop the oil pan as I did on my FXR. If you are comfortable with properly rewiring vehicles it's merely tedious. Search "Twin Cam FXR" for all the details. This place, Jockey Journal and vtwinforum all have useful posts. I suggest printing them to .pdf and saving to a folder on your computer along with other info. You'll need a factory service manual and parts book for your Twin Cam.

SyndicateChoppers thread is worthwhile: http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48874

I don't consider such a swap intimidating. Beats the shit out of swapping car or truck engines any day. Give us more details. There's more than one way to do such things.
        Last edited by farmall; 12-24-2018, 1:59 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;