Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • razorrichter
    • Mar 2014

Triumph 650 micky mouse

This is a build I did over a few years on and off finally got it done so here are some build pics not great but it was fun just messing around
    Attached Files
  • razorrichter
    • Mar 2014

More
    Attached Files

Comment

• razorrichter
      • Mar 2014

And more
      Attached Files

Comment

• razorrichter
        • Mar 2014

Have more build pics but figured this was enough
        Attached Files

Comment

• TriNortchopz
          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by razorrichter
          This is a build I did over a few years on and off finally got it done so here are some build pics not great but it was fun just messing around
          Looks like it was fun.
          Was that a 10-10 kit on the front? Looks like raked trees. What was done with the front section of the frame - a whole new section welded in?
          If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• razorrichter
            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
            Looks like it was fun.
            Was that a 10-10 kit on the front? Looks like raked trees. What was done with the front section of the frame - a whole new section welded in?
            The frame at some point had been old school cut and comeAlong raked the original set up had the 10 10 kit I swapped it with a std front end and lowered it a few inches handles fairly well surprisingly

Comment

• Nanonevol
              • Feb 2017

Curious, what is a "10-10 kit"?

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Nanonevol
                Curious, what is a "10-10 kit"?
                It was a kit to make yourself a chopper at home; just bolt on the 10 degree raked trees and swap your fork legs to the 10" over tubes and instant chopper - the most common kit was made by Allied:
                Cant post pics, so see the original ad and a kit here:
                Thanks, cougar.  I'm not planning to run any fork stops as long as everything clears my tank, which is likely seeing as it's just a skinny prism tank

Of course with stock raked frame and 10 degree raked trees, this resulted in zero or negative trail, so high speed wobbles and crashes were the usual outcome.

I saw a lower raked tree from one of them kits on eBay yesterday - the guy called it a tree for a springer...not knowing.
                If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;