Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 86sportster
    • Feb 2018

4 speed evo kicker kit?!?!?

Hey guys I have a 4 speed evo sporty building the bike now got the hardtail all done I have the entire engine ripped down and while I'm at it if like to install a kick starter but I'm having trouble finding a kit? There's 5 speed ones but no 4? Dose anyone know of a kit if so what's the best? Also was wondering if any of the early evo 4 speed sportys came with kickers from the factory I wasn't sure? Thank you!
  • Bgrasela
    • Jun 2018

I got an 86 sporty too... seen the 5 speeds but never a 4. Would love to get one tho!

Comment

• FatChibs
      • Feb 2014

its called an ironhead

Comment

• TriNortchopz
        • Dec 2017

Originally posted by 86sportster
        Hey guys I have a 4 speed evo sporty building the bike now got the hardtail all done I have the entire engine ripped down and while I'm at it if like to install a kick starter but I'm having trouble finding a kit? There's 5 speed ones but no 4? Dose anyone know of a kit if so what's the best? Also was wondering if any of the early evo 4 speed sportys came with kickers from the factory I wasn't sure? Thank you!
        Guess what...that question as been asked here before...and guess what the answer was...

2016 Thread: 1986 XLH883 kickstart
        Does anyone know of a site or custom parts maker that has a kickstart conversion kit for a 1986 883 sportster? If so please send me a link, I'd really appreciate it!

and since we're talking evos and kickers, here is a good HOW TO: TECH read:

2014 Thread: How to convert your Evo chop to kickstart
        "The intention of this Thread is to explain how to convert Evo powered chops to kickstart. Most of the information in this thread I have learned first hand and it cost me ample time and money..."
        The intention of this Thread is to explain how to convert Evo powered chops to kickstart. Most of the information in this thread I have learned first hand and it cost me ample time and money. Hopefully this will help reduce some of the unnecessary spending and hassle for others interested in doing this conversion ,and pool
        If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• 86sportster
          • Feb 2018

Thanks guys looks like I won't be doing a kicker after all lol thanks for the information though!

Comment

• farmall
            • Apr 2013

That much money could actually do something useful elsewhere on the motorcycle. I grew up kicking and wouldn't retrofit a kicker to an Evo Sporty if the parts were free. It's just more weight and complexity for no benefit.

While you're at it, pull the solenoid end cover on your starter and replace the contacts, install a pushbutton end cover (about 20 bucks) which should be on every Denso starter (it bypasses the handlebar switch and small relay but they remain working and untouched), and make or buy new, heavier duty battery cables.

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

^^^^^ You got that right....^^^^^ Putting a kicker on a bike because it's cool isn't worth the trouble or the cost...

Been there when you didn't have a choice between a button or a kicker.... It was kicker only unless you bought a newer bike...

Comment

• Dragstews
                • Sep 2010

Fake it ... !!!

There's a kit available that bolts on a kicker that has a starter switch built in...
                Made in Europe.
                Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;