Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hurricanebrax
    • Oct 2017

New exhaust (Lowbrow Shotgun) on an EFI sporty and proper tuning

I bought the Shotgun pipes from Lowbrow when they went on sale and am waiting on my powervision. I have an aftermarket air cleaner on the bike right now and am wondering, after I throw the pipes on should I just use the powervision with the stock map or should I try and flash a different map onto the bike then auto tune to get it right? I know fuck all about computer tuning bikes and this will be my first time using anything other than some stupid tuner for making my crown vic go faster. Any advice is greatly appreciated and if anyone has experience with these pipes; how loud are they and did you need to baffle yours?

Thanks
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Sorry but I can't help you with what down load you will need.... But yes they are loud they are straight pipes.... Why did you order them before you checked into what you might need to make them work??

It would have been easier to order pipes with baffles rather than add them later....

Comment

• hurricanebrax
      • Oct 2017

Their price is why I ordered them and I called lowbrow before ordering, talked to Todd and he said I'd be fine with a tuner but he's a bit out of touch with modern tuning since he focuses on carbed bikes now. I realize they will be loud being straight pipes just curious if someone who rides them can give me some insight because online videos can't really convey the noise level of anything properly. I'm not bothered by a little extra work installing baffles just curious about anyone else's first hand experience.

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

Since you already ordered them you either get to install baffles or you don't, and since "noise" vs. delicious exhaust sounds are a subjective comparison you'd get best results for YOUR ears by bolting 'em on and listening.

There's beaucoup tuning info in the xlforum. http://xlforum.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=263

Comment

• hurricanebrax
          • Oct 2017

I'll give it a look thanks. Just trying to learn enough to do the job at least 75% right the first time. Bike has drag pipes on it right now so I may experiment with some lollipops right now and eventually the power vision to see if I can notice some difference in sound and performance.

Comment

• brooklynbomber
            • Sep 2011

my gf has custom shotguns, they are loud. They sound glorious. The problem you'll have with the lowbrow ones is they are curved at the end so you'd need to cut the tips off to get baffles in there. IME baffles sound like shit. They usually are cheap and sound like a crappy catalytic converter almost. My buddy threw some in his FXR and they almost whistled. He took them out.

Best bet like you wrote, is lollipops.

generally when you upgrade exhaust and air cleanerm, you'll need a new tune, from what my friends with newer bikes have told me. Its like re-jetting your carb and typically a "stage 1" upgrade" includes altered air/fuel mixture

Comment

• tedjames
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by hurricanebrax
              I bought the Shotgun pipes from Lowbrow when they went on sale and am waiting on my powervision. I have an aftermarket air cleaner on the bike right now and am wondering, after I throw the pipes on should I just use the powervision with the stock map or should I try and flash a different map onto the bike then auto tune to get it right? I know fuck all about computer tuning bikes and this will be my first time using anything other than some stupid tuner for making my crown vic go faster. Any advice is greatly appreciated and if anyone has experience with these pipes; how loud are they and did you need to baffle yours?

Thanks
              i ran these pipes all last summer, i cut the curve off and put a short baffle in...still loud but ran better. I have a decent map that i took a few weeks getying tuned for these. shoot me a pm and ill email it to you

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;