• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by razorrichter
    I’m at a loss on my solution for foot peg/controls
    Oh and going to run triumph 650 TT pipes
    As far as the foot controls my main issue is the fact that there is no lower section of a frame the original foot pegs go through the main engine mount underneath the transmission which kind of puts my feet too far back
    my only other option is to somehow mounted to the front down tube of the frame but I’m not sure if I want to do it like that.....
    Can you bolt peg mounts onto metal plates, then bolt the plates to your front engine mounting plates? You could build the plates to curve around under the engine with pegs located below the primary chain tensioner pivot. Just need to work around those yet to be modified TT pipes...kinda like I did on my Norton (pegs into a plate bolted to engine plate):
    Click image for larger version

Name:	850 Norton chop,front-left.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	296.0 KB
ID:	1308297
    why can't you make that riser work for a chain tensioner? Put a bronze split sleeve around the tube, bore out hole for slide fit, and old small #50 sprocket and a spring...
    Last edited by TriNortchopz; 02-11-2019, 8:35 PM. Reason: riser
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• DustyDave
      Super Moderator
      • Oct 2012

BTW there's no electrical reason you couldn't partially submerge a flanged bearing (or anything else) in plain water to keep the rest of the part cool during welding. Stick a loose vise etc in a tub of water, weld, then remove and blow dry part and vise. If in doubt about the seals, coat with grease or RTV first to prevent water intrusion. I use RTV to seal wheel bearings (along with an allthread dummy axle and flat washers) for wheel sand blasting and powder coating. Peels right off when done.[/QUOTE]

Farmall
      I was thinking flange for the self aligning. I know you have a mill and a lathe but most don't. When Welding with something that needs protecting from heat I usually, tie , clamp, hold etc. a wet rag whole lots less hassle than submerging.

Razorrichter,
      Why not just build something that clamps to the lower frame rail that has the hole for the controls. Are the bottom tubes the same size at where you have the riser clamped? If so maybe drill a hole and saw off the extra?
      Dusty
      Driving that train, high on cocaine
      Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
      Trouble ahead, trouble behind
      And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• razorrichter
        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
        Can you bolt peg mounts onto metal plates, then bolt the plates to your front engine mounting plates? You could build the plates to curve around under the engine with pegs located below the primary chain tensioner pivot. Just need to work around those yet to be modified TT pipes...kinda like I did on my Norton (pegs into a plate bolted to engine plate):
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]91009[/ATTACH]
        why can't you make that riser work for a chain tensioner? Put a bronze split sleeve around the tube, bore out hole for slide fit, and old small #50 sprocket and a spring...
        I’m glad you say that I was thinking about that and now seeing yours I feel like I could get away with it for sure that will be the plan then as far as the tensioner I think I’m going to try and tackle that we’ll see what I can make happen

Comment

• razorrichter
          • Mar 2014

Originally posted by DustyDave

Razorrichter,
          Why not just build something that clamps to the lower frame rail that has the hole for the controls. Are the bottom tubes the same size at where you have the riser clamped? If so maybe drill a hole and saw off the extra?
          Dusty
          I would love to except the frame ends under the trans and that puts my feet too far back.... hip cramps dude
          Attached Files

Comment

• farmall
            • Apr 2013

From the pics it appears there's enough room underneath to fab a subframe and weld it to the existing frame or make it removable. If it's removable that would be easiest to work on. You might pick up the front mount plates and whatever that rear bolt (appears to be a through-bolt) is below/behind the engine.

You don't have to use tubing for the subframe or all the subframe. Flat bar could tuck in close.

Comment

• BuddhahoodVato
              • Apr 2010

Wow, when I was a pup I had a Enfield, loved the neutral finder.
              Going to keep track of this thread.

Comment

• razorrichter
                • Mar 2014

Tank

Got the tank paint done up by my kid brother
                Attached Files

Comment

• razorrichter
                  • Mar 2014

Cockeyed intake

Carb top touched the frame so made a two into one with a tilt ready to go
                  Attached Files

Comment

• razorrichter
                    • Mar 2014

Progress..... torque fest is soon

I’m bringing this trap to torque fest in Dubuque IA may 4 so here is more progress shots. Need to slap on trispark this weekend
                    Welding will be done tomorrow
                    Attached Files

Comment

• razorrichter
                      • Mar 2014

Running but far from done

Took it to torque fest but needs a lot before I’d call it doneish
                      Attached Files

Comment

• razorrichter
                        • Mar 2014

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                          • Dec 2017

That sounds awesome! great recycling!
                          If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• razorrichter
                            • Mar 2014

Thanks man it’s been fun! Still have a ways to go!!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;