CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

    Default 78 XS brat build

    Second bike. First build. Started off complete stock, disk mag from and rear.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180728_082544-1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	322.9 KB 
ID:	88877

  2. #2

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181116_160934.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	296.9 KB 
ID:	88878Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181116_161257_148.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	88879Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181116_131123.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	292.3 KB 
ID:	88880

    Cut out with a plasma C&C. Oxy acetylene welded together!

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wpgxs650brat View Post
    Second bike. First build. Started off complete stock, disk mag from and rear.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180728_082544-1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	322.9 KB 
ID:	88877
    Just would like to know. What is the difference between a Bobber and a Brat style bike?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luky View Post
    Just would like to know. What is the difference between a Bobber and a Brat style bike?
    Name of the weld on seat kit. It's all the same really.

  5. #5

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181129_183731.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	311.9 KB 
ID:	89232Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181129_183658.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	294.9 KB 
ID:	89233

    Sissy bar kit, and fender and exhaust builders kit cam in (no shown). Plan is to cut out the plate mount/tail light bracket on the C&C.

  6. #6
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luky View Post
    Just would like to know. What is the difference between a Bobber and a Brat style bike?
    Brat style bike, from what ive seen, are functional and performance based. the Japanese seem to have come up with this style. actually id say Go Takamine of http://www.bratstyle.com/custombike/ created it

    bobber refers to a short (low to the ground bike). ussually short front end, less functional as far as ground cleareance goes. 1950s style, bobbed fenders, tanks etc.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shovel625 View Post
    Brat style bike, from what ive seen, are functional and performance based. the Japanese seem to have come up with this style. actually id say Go Takamine of http://www.bratstyle.com/custombike/ created it

    bobber refers to a short (low to the ground bike). ussually short front end, less functional as far as ground cleareance goes. 1950s style, bobbed fenders, tanks etc.
    Some amazing machines at bratstyle! Have you checked out Crazy Orange MC?
    http://www.crazyorangemc.com

    Honestly I'm just trying to build a rad bike, What kind or label it fits is not a concern of mine!

  8. #8

    Default

    Found a 1.60 x 21" 36H rim. Plan is to swap it with my stock hub.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181203_194505.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	300.1 KB 
ID:	89240

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wpgxs650brat View Post
    Some amazing machines at bratstyle! Have you checked out Crazy Orange MC?
    http://www.crazyorangemc.com

    Honestly I'm just trying to build a rad bike, What kind or label it fits is not a concern of mine!
    same here i dont get to into labels, yeah i love the stuff crazy orange is putting out, i really love hpw they are building in japan

  10. #10
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,719

    Default

    Guessin' you saw this:

    2012 Thread: 1978 XS650 Custom Build, The Dirty Dizon
    http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21728

    a few details here including a cleaned up neck, stator cover cut, and Rebel shocks:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brat1-1024x768.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	214.4 KB 
ID:	89243
    https://www.xs650chopper.com/2009/03...e-im-building/

    any plans for exhaust?

  11. #11

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20181204-074231_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	279.7 KB 
ID:	89246Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20181130-113448_Instagram.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	307.3 KB 
ID:	89247

    Plan is to start in this direction and see where she goes

  12. #12
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wpgxs650brat View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20181204-074231_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	279.7 KB 
ID:	89246Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20181130-113448_Instagram.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	307.3 KB 
ID:	89247

    Plan is to start in this direction and see where she goes
    modelk53 is an amzing builder, lots of great ideas coming out of his shop

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shovel625 View Post
    modelk53 is an amzing builder, lots of great ideas coming out of his shop
    Amazing is an understatement.

  14. #14
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wpgxs650brat View Post
    Amazing is an understatement.
    he really has insipred me to build as much as i can with a tig and some mild steel.

    for anyone who doesnt have a ton of money to throw at parts.. follow dude on instagram @modelk53.... he pretty much makes everything by hand with a tig, files etc. basic tools but turn out crazy

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shovel625 View Post
    he really has insipred me to build as much as i can with a tig and some mild steel.

    for anyone who doesnt have a ton of money to throw at parts.. follow dude on instagram @modelk53.... he pretty much makes everything by hand with a tig, files etc. basic tools but turn out crazy
    His pearl white 0 stretch 650 he built, with foot clutch jockey shift. Inspiring to say the least

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shovel625 View Post
    modelk53 is an amzing builder, lots of great ideas coming out of his shop
    Maybe you can help out. I had a crazy idea last night to make an internal throttle. What's the chance you have a link or reference for a set of plans? Lol

  17. #17
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Ive never ran one but they are cool and clean things up, check out this article though, might help you.

    http://www.chopcult.com/news/article...rm-cycles.html

  18. #18
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wpgxs650brat View Post
    Maybe you can help out. I had a crazy idea last night to make an internal throttle. What's the chance you have a link or reference for a set of plans? Lol
    Here is a How To: Tech thread by spidr from 2014 to make one:
    Thread: Internal throttle
    "....this cost me about $10. Made everything else, may as well make this too."

    http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36815

  19. #19
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    904

    Default

    Looks like the "Brat" style bikes have the rear shocks,

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luky View Post
    Looks like the "Brat" style bikes have the rear shocks,
    Yes. Same as chopper but with shocks

Share This



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in